By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you give up gaming for 1 million dollars?

Pretty sure that anyone that did give up video games could easily make $1 million USD in gained productivity over the course of a few decades...

$10/hr * 20hrs/wk = $200/wk * 520 wks = $104,000 plus compound interest.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I don't know, I would like to have a trial period first.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

For sure. I was thinking of seriously cutting down. This would be a serious motivator.

mrstickball said:
Pretty sure that anyone that did give up video games could easily make $1 million USD in gained productivity over the course of a few decades...

$10/hr * 20hrs/wk = $200/wk * 520 wks = $104,000 plus compound interest.

Not for those of us who are employed. My job wouldn't pay me more if I offered to give them more of my free time.

I could see your scenario only working for inventors or those who are self employed creating things.  I would also argue, however, that without proper "time off" from work, you would get tired, weary, and less productive, resulting in less progress.

Euphoria14 said:
okr said:
Yes, and I'd promise to only use my iPad in the future.

Smart! Everyone knows mobile games aren't real games.

Yep, in the last month I bought about 20 iPad games apps incl. 3 which look like ports of my most favourite games ever, but I''ve been told over and over again that this platform doesn't have real game experiences. Kids should ask for iPads instad of consoles so that they can tell their worried mothers: "See, no videogaming anymore".

Around the Network

Maybe one billion dollars, but not a million.

I'm not playing that much anymore but I still wouldn't do it. Games are a part of my life and I need to scratch that itch once in a while. I wouldn't even really know how to spend all the money with games out of the equation. Sure it would be fun for a couple of weeks, traveling a lot and doing all kinds of crazy shit but then what? My current hobbies are already pretty evenly spread out between sports, social, education and entertainment(video games). I would have to give up video games for TV or iOS? Hell no.

I can't believe people would seriously drop games like the last of us, the last guardian, zelda, halo, watch dogs, remember me and whatever lies ahead for a measly 1 million dollars.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Yes, then I'll move to another country to play video games

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Hell, despite the number of games and consoles I buy these days, it almost feels like I've given up gaming, anyway. Sure. Give me the money.

if i did what would i do with the million dollars?