By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create & Famitsu Japan Sales: Week 32, 2012 (Aug 06 - 12) - Download numbers for NSMB 2 revealed!

This is expected.

I have nothing to back-up the fact that I "expected" this but at least it looks like I know what I'm talking about now that I've said, "expected".

Around the Network

This will be released on Septermber 15th. Source.

Couple of days before TGS, uhmmmm.

benao87 said:

Pokemon gen 6 announcement looming?

Kenology said:
benao87 said:

I'd figure Ruby/Sapphire remakes are more likely. I mean, the games' tenth anniversary is this November in Japan. And despite its relative lack of popularity compared to other generations, it's still the 7th best selling retail game of all time in Japan.

Love and tolerate.

Kenology said:
benao87 said:

I mean, it's the ultimate Nintendo handheld title. I'd shocked if we didn't hear about it soon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Expected a much higher drop for 3DS hardware. What's keeping it high? There's no new releases.

It's plateauing at or around 100k per week.  People were waiting for the revision to come out, now that it has it'll see really strong sales for a good long while.

Haven't all the Pokemon games had remakes already? If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't it be time for the unveiling of a brand new 3DS iteration?

BasilZero said:
Kenology said:
Haven't all the Pokemon games had remakes already? If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't it be time for the unveiling of a brand new 3DS iteration?

Just the first and second generations

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen (GB Remakes on GBA)
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (GBC remakes on NDS)

They need to make the 3rd gen next besides it would make the most sense. You have to remember its only been a year since the last gen pokemon games came out and it does make sense in a way.

Pokemon Red/Blue = Came out in 1998
Pokemon Gold/Silver = Came out in 2000
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire = Came out in 2003
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl = Came out in 2007
Pokemon White/Black = Came out in 2011

So 3-4 years would be better for the series so it wouldnt strain on sales and demand.  (in terms of a new generation)

I'm confused...

I thought Pokemon Yellow was the remake of the first one, then Gold and Silver spawned Crystal, so on and so forth.  I've never played any of the Pokemons and it's really hard keeping up with them.  I just really like to follow their sales on the charts.!

Kenology said:

I'm confused...

They should make just the one Pokemon game to dominate them all.

Wow the vita is doing very good atm. Can't believe it's out doing it's former generation or coming very close!
Can't believe Vita is in the top 20 games this month. Shows the vita is coming back strong and that it is the better handheld. Dem games.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max