By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Popularity bars on iTunes. :)

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Regarding Taylor, her popularity has been on a downward trend since fearless, and will continue to decrease because as she gets older she will lose her appeal to the millions of American children who love her so much. I predict 3.5 million in US sales for her upcoming album, and 2 million for the one after that.

It's obviously not on a downward trend. The new song now has the record for fastest #1 on iTunes. People very much are still shelling out money for her.

Fearless (2008) sold 8.7 million...Speak now (2010) sold 5.7 million. That is a downwards trend

Every artist isn't going to oursell their previous work. If that were the case then every artist in on a downward trend.

That's not true. Adele, for example, went from selling 6.5 million to 23 million, so she's on an upwards trend.

I didn't say it always can't be outdone, but do you think Adele's next album will really sell 24 mil +? I don't think so, I say like 15+. Especially since she's going to disappear for a little while. It really wasn't hard to outdo her first album. It sold well, but like 4 million, or 5ish?? That can easily be outdone. She just got pop support this past era, that's why.

I don't think so, she has the writing talent and the vocal ability to stay relevant for a long time. Taylor, on the other hand is famous now because she is Americas sweetheart and she writes decent songs, but she has literally no vocal talent and she won't maintain her Americas sweetheart status forever...

Ps3 said:

So it's falling already. Earlier on today the #2 song had 20% the popularity of Taylor's song, and now it seems like about 40%.

The thing about Taylor is she makes Gaga look like a nun. That girl has to bang every rich male star she can get her claws on. She is surly not worth my respect when she creates a false image of purity when she is in fact loose. Misleading the public makes it not worth buying her music. At least Gaga is real about her lifestyle.

man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:

So it's falling already. Earlier on today the #2 song had 20% the popularity of Taylor's song, and now it seems like about 40%.

No, I believe that's an old screen shot. Just showing something to show how it's doing. Can't find a current one.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

Assuming it isn't out in the UK yet as I cant find it on iTunes. Release date I found on amazon is 14th October. Seriously? Two months after the US? I thought they wanted to stop piracy, not encourage it. It just drives people into it if they are made to wait an age for something which is already out in another country.

but taylor does arena tours... gaga isn't selling out 15,000-25,000 capacity concerts.. she's selling out 35k-55k capacity stadiums(and some are spread out to multiple dates).....

mM
pezus said:
SecondWar said:
Assuming it isn't out in the UK yet as I cant find it on iTunes. Release date I found on amazon is 14th October. Seriously? Two months after the US? I thought they wanted to stop piracy, not encourage it. It just drives people into it if they are made to wait an age for something which is already out in another country.

Country artists are irrelevant outside of the US

Its not just her, its just about every form of media. TV, games, music, it just really annoys me. Also thought the song was more pop than country.

pezus said:
SecondWar said:

Country artists are irrelevant outside of the US

True.

@chocoloco, I agree

leo-j said:
but taylor does arena tours... gaga isn't selling out 15,000-25,000 concerts.. she's selling out 35k-55k stadiums.....

Yeah, Taylor's songs aren't really meant for stadiums. I imagine it must be very dull at a Taylor swift concert with her sitting on the stage playing her guitar, accompanied by mediocre singing.