By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
man-bear-pig said:
LeoJ, you have to remember that 500k of the album 'Born this way's sales were bought for $0.99 due to that amazon deal she had during its first week of release, so born this ways USA's sales are quite deceptive.

less than 500k, but around that number.. 440k was it? It doesn't matter.. I bought it for 99 cents.. so chances are.. most of those that bought it for 99 cents would have bought it anyway.. she still sold well over 600K without the 99cent sales week 1..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

Well... in terms of quality.... they're better than anything on radio now.. or what was on radio when they were on radio in 2011..

in terms of sales.. Born This way sold over 8 million WW, so that is her 3rd/4rth biggest hit behind Poker Face and Bad Romance and maybe Just Dance

You and I was a country/rock ballad, that broke 2 million in the U.S... that is a huge success considering many thought it wouldn't do well since it wasn't typical dance pop

Edge Of Glory is nearing 3x platinum in the U.S, and has sold over 5 million world wide.. so it's a pretty big hit

Judas broke 2 million world wide, it was dropped by the label after edge of glory blew up, and because reception wasn't all positive, and I'm assuming they wanted a huge 2nd single.. with the album releasing within a month after judas peaked..

Also if you ask lady gaga herself.. her label didn't agree with her single choices.. if they had released them like she wanted.. I'm sure marry the night would have done better than judas/you and I

So her labels the stupid one? I can understand that! *Cough* CCM *Cough*

Sparks Fly sold over 1 million its first week.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
LeoJ, you have to remember that 500k of the album 'Born this way's sales were bought for $0.99 due to that amazon deal she had during its first week of release, so born this ways USA's sales are quite deceptive.

Those 99 cent albums don't count though, right? I mean, I think an album needs to be sold at least 4.99 to count on soundscan.

Yeah, nowadays they don't, but when born this way was released they did and it added 500k to born this ways first week tally.

NintendoPie said:
leo-j said:

Well... in terms of quality.... they're better than anything on radio now.. or what was on radio when they were on radio in 2011..

in terms of sales.. Born This way sold over 8 million WW, so that is her 3rd/4rth biggest hit behind Poker Face and Bad Romance and maybe Just Dance

You and I was a country/rock ballad, that broke 2 million in the U.S... that is a huge success considering many thought it wouldn't do well since it wasn't typical dance pop

Edge Of Glory is nearing 3x platinum in the U.S, and has sold over 5 million world wide.. so it's a pretty big hit

Judas broke 2 million world wide, it was dropped by the label after edge of glory blew up, and because reception wasn't all positive, and I'm assuming they wanted a huge 2nd single.. with the album releasing within a month after judas peaked..

Also if you ask lady gaga herself.. her label didn't agree with her single choices.. if they had released them like she wanted.. I'm sure marry the night would have done better than judas/you and I

Labels always do the most screwed up things. Say hello to Kelly Clarkson. They say everything she has to do.. Even with My December, they picked her singles.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Those 99 cent albums don't count though, right? I mean, I think an album needs to be sold at least 4.99 to count on soundscan.

Yeah, nowadays they don't, but when born this way was released they did and it added 500k to born this ways first week tally.

I see, I see.

NintendoPie said:
leo-j said:

Well yea.. her label basically played it safe and follow the leader imo... usually she is in control.. like when she made them release THE FAME MONSTER with the gothic crying cover, and when she made them release Alejandro as a single..

mM

Either way... lady gaga is one of the biggest touring acts of all time.. and will LIKELY gross more than 400 million... and maybe 500 million with her stadium tour(making her the biggest female touring act over madonna)... so..... album sales really aren't the only factor in so called domination

mM
leo-j said:

Either way... lady gaga is one of the biggest touring acts of all time.. and will LIKELY gross more than 400 million... and maybe 500 million with her stadium tour(making her the biggest female touring act over madonna)... so..... album sales really aren't the only factor in so called domination

Yeah, touring is definately where the money is at in today's music industry. Look at madonna, her albums sell fuck all, yet her tours have ridiculously high grosses.

Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:

Why not? You can do that. Soccer is irrelevant and is a woman's sport in the US. So, it's unfair to include US sales in that equation.

Who's being a sexist now?

I'm not being sexist. The sport is never going to happen here, and it's always the women's teams who have much more accomplishments.

You called it irrelevant because it's apparently only ladies who's playing it. Sexism.

Irrelevant in the case that it's a nobody sport in the country. It doesn't sell tickets, it doesn't do anything. Hardly anyone cares about it.

So you're saying football/soccer is irrelevant AND a sport for women. Therefore - women are irrelevant. And Taylor Swift being a woman (but nobody really knows since noone been banging her apparently) is therefore irrelevant, renduring her music inferior and just a waste of time, since it in fact is irrelevant.

See how nicely I stoped our sidetracking and brought the subject back on topic? ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.