By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Proof: http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/03/31/taylor-swift-20-million-albums/ <--- with picture!!!

Even so, she's a United States star, what's so hard to understand? Country music doesn't sell outside the United States and Canada.

Oh I know full well, I just found proof that she didn't sell 50million albums. Perhaps she'll manage in 10 years - who knows =)

But between you and me Ps3; she's so god damn cute I'd eat her up! Can't witch the channel if I see her :P

She's a country star. Her main focus is to sell in her own country. ;) World Wide sales don't even matter.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

Proof: http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/03/31/taylor-swift-20-million-albums/ <--- with picture!!!

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Born This Way - 2,200,000

Total - 6.8 million

Taylor leads by a large margin in the US, and that's just the first 2 albums. Taylor's 3rd album sold almost 5 million here.

WHAT'S YOUR POINT?! That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what we were talking about.

Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Total - 6.8 million

Taylor leads by a large margin in the US, and that's just the first 2 albums. Taylor's 3rd album sold almost 5 million here.

I just don't understand why we have to exclude the rest of the world?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Total - 6.8 million

I just don't understand why we have to exclude the rest of the world?

Because she is a country star. It's unfair to compare world wide sales. Do you think in the middle east and in Europe they like American country music? x_x

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
DanneSandin said:

I rest my case.

Taylor Swift - 5,175,000

Sparks Fly - 6,514,000

Total - 11.7 million

------

The Fame - 4,400,000 

Total - 6.8 million

WHAT'S YOUR POINT?! That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what we were talking about.

You're trying to give advantage to a world wide genre "Gaga" to a United States Genre "Swift". I'm just turning the tables.

Around the Network

Born This way has sold nearly 2.3 million, and the fame topped 4.5 million... anyhow....

look at it this way...
in the U.S..
poker face and just dance are 6x platinum
Bad Romance is 5x platinum
Born This Way, Papparazzi, and Telephone are 3x platinum
Love game, Alejandro, Edge of Glory, You and I, are 2x platinum
and Judas is platinum....

gaga has sold many more records than taylor in the U.S... but Taylor has sold more albums in the U.S, it's known that country albums sell more than dance albums, simply because country fans buy more albums.. than those who enjoy electronic music..

mM
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Oh I know full well, I just found proof that she didn't sell 50million albums. Perhaps she'll manage in 10 years - who knows =)

But between you and me Ps3; she's so god damn cute I'd eat her up! Can't witch the channel if I see her :P

She's a country star. Her main focus is to sell in her own country. ;) World Wide sales don't even matter.

But why, oh why, do you cut out the rest of the world?! why don't it matter? because only USA gives a damn about country? You gotta look at the whole picture.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

leo-j said:
Born This way has sold nearly 2.3 million, and the fame topped 4.5 million... anyhow....

look at it this way...
in the U.S..

gaga has sold many more records than taylor in the U.S... but Taylor has sold more albums in the U.S, it's known that country albums sell more than dance albums, simply because country fans buy more albums.. than those who enjoy electronic music..

I like this post. It's really fair. Gaga is a huge world wide star, and a US star. Gaga is a bigger world wide star, and even though Gaga is a huge US star, I feel Taylor is bigger in the US.

leo-j said:

look at it this way...
in the U.S..

It seems like Lady GaGa's recent songs have gone down in popularity/quality! (The bolded one's.)

I wonder why that is...

DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

But why, oh why, do you cut out the rest of the world?! why don't it matter? because only USA gives a damn about country? You gotta look at the whole picture.

No, you don't, because that's unfair. If you focus on 1 single area you can get a better idea of things. That's even how random samples are done in Sociology.