By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony GC conference: PS3+Vita Cross Buy, new MM IP + KillZone for Vita, 2 SCEJ new IPs, Vita as PS3 controller, PSOne classics on Vita and more

MANUELF said:
michael_stutzer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
pezus said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Q Force coming to vita as well!? Did not know that!

Cross Buy!

you know I kinda missed that...what is this cross buy ya'all talking about 

If you buy it from PSN it will be playable by both Vita and PS3. Qforce and All stars Battle Royale included.

It only works on PSN?

That is true if I understood it correctly. A confirmation would be nice though.

Around the Network

2 new Japan Studio IPs...

Could one of these be Legend of Dragoon 2...

CoD looks like ass. 3DS can do that kind of graphic.

AC:L looked really nice, but again too many touch controls. That's not why I bought a device with analogs and buttons. Same with Tear away.

Cross buy got me really excited for a moment but I'm not sure I need all those games on both devices. And it's only an incentive for PS3 owners so the appeal for new customers is limited.

PS+ on PS VITA I couldn't give a fuck. Sony just wants to sneak in a subscrition based service like MS has from the beginning. They just give you crazy incentives now and when most of the people bite they will make it baseline for their next console and dial back the incentives HARD.

On the topic of Wonderbook: Sure it looked really cool, especially that Detective Story, but remember, you will not really sit in front of a hologram with a huge ass magnifying glass. You will still look at the screen and make akward movements as you watch yourself on the screen, think like trying to cut your own hair in the mirror.

Rain and Puppeteer looked good and the Move stuff is just not for me, I already have one console for motion controls.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

SnakeDrake said:
Anyone knows how long will it be until Q&A

Should be on in the next 10 minutes or so.

Cross buy sounds interesting- did they give examples of some games that would work with it?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kynes said:
I'm just thinking that maybe the third parties aren't amused right now with cross buy. That will mean more first party games sold, much less third party games sold. It's a great feature for the users, at least in the short-mid term, but it can create problems in the long term Sony-third party relations. I see it as a rather desperate move by Sony to make Vita a viable platform, but I'm not sure if it's a healthy long term tactic.

Uhm, how so?

A game that you can play on Vita and PS3 is more desirable than a game that you can only play on Vita or PS3. There is also the psychological effect that having several games to play has, you can have them also on the PS3, but you don't feel the same way than having only one or two games to play on Vita.

pezus said:
Chandler said:

AC:L looked really nice, but again too many touch controls. That's not why I bought a device with analogs and buttons. Same with Tear away.

Cross buy got me really excited for a moment but I'm not sure I need all those games on both devices. And it's only an incentive for PS3 owners so the appeal for new customers is limited.

PS+ on PS VITA I couldn't give a fuck. Sony just wants to sneak in a subscrition based service like MS has from the beginning. They just give you crazy incentives now and when most of the people bite they will make it baseline for their next console and dial back the incentives HARD.

On the topic of Wonderbook: Sure it looked really cool, especially that Detective Story, but remember, you will not really sit in front of a hologram with a huge ass magnifying glass. You will still look at the screen and make akward movements as you watch yourself on the screen, think like trying to cut your own hair in the mirror.

Rain and Puppeteer looked good and the Move stuff is just not for me, I already have one console for motion controls.

Lol, you'd just like to believe that, no? Sony have shown NO evidence whatsoever of dialling this back, they just keep adding more to it.

Because not enough people have bitten yet to make it baseline. Still too many consumers to make angry when they go baseline now.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Ajescent said:
Jay520 said:
Ajescent said:

It doesn't count because it's not what he wants and what he wants>>>>everything else.

Kind of odd seeing this coming from you. Aren't you constantly critisizing developers for implementing multiplayer because you don't like it, yet most people do?

OT: It was a decent conference, but two main things I were excited for were absent (Slim & price cut).

A: "Constantly" is an overstatement

B: I never said he was wrong or that I disagreed with him, in fact I do. It didn't have what I wanted but more often than not, I don't mention it when something doesn't offer what I want. But people only remember the rare occasions when I do mention it.

A: True

B: By  typing "what he wants>>>>everything else" you make him seem condescending by implying that he believes his opinion is more important than everything else. He was just giving his opinion and doesn't deserve any sarcastic digs.

pezus said:
Chandler said:

Lol, you'd just like to believe that, no? Sony have shown NO evidence whatsoever of dialling this back, they just keep adding more to it.

his whole post reeeeeeeeeeeeks of biased BS. I mean complaining about implimenting touch controls even...sigh

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

DAMMIT!! missed the whole conference(went to go pick up my copy of darksiders II) a quick go-around the net tells me the conference was solid,

reading the the op, the 1GB of online storage is SWEET!!