By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's hardest fight is in Japan

Just_Ben said:
NJ5 said:
Just_Ben said:
NJ5 said:

People predicted 6-7 million based on small or no price cuts from Sony, given that the PS3 was so expensive to produce and cost Sony billions of dollars. Sony did very bold price cuts, which did in fact throw most people's predictions in the trash. But Sony can't do this every year, they simply have to start breaking even on hardware sales at some point.

Care to loose another bet? *eg*

Do you think they'll do a 33% (or $/€ 200) price cut again this year? ;)

not that exactly, but price will fall. At least $50 maybe even $100 in the US. And more than in the US in Europe. Japan? I don't know, but there will be a price drop, most likley q2.

$50 wouldn't surprise me, $100 would surprise me a bit but I wouldn't put it in the realm of impossibility (especially before seeing their financial report, to see if they're near the break-even point or not).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Just_Ben said:
not that exactly, but price will fall. At least $50 maybe even $100 in the US. And more than in the US in Europe. Japan? I don't know, but there will be a price drop, most likley q2.

$50 wouldn't surprise me, $100 would surprise me a bit but I wouldn't put it in the realm of impossibility (especially before seeing their financial report, to see if they're near the break-even point or not).

It depends on economy I guess. But if its only $50 I would smell another drop before fall.