By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dragonball Z 2013

You can watch your DBZ, I'll stick with my MLP

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
You can watch your DBZ, I'll stick with my MLP

I'll do both!

OT: This is gonna be sweet, it's been 17 years since the last movie came out.

_crazy_man_ said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Wait wasn't DB Kai just this pretty much? But Kai sucked bad from what I understand.

Kai wasn't so much bad, it just got rid of one of the big things that made American DBZ popular, the music.

Bruce F.'s soundtrack was completely removed and instead they added more classical music (which I have nothing against) but didn't fit the series.

I thought Kai was also a cut down version of DBZ. i.e they took out all the filler eps they made up whist the producers waited for the next managa to come out.

also can anyone tell me what the remastered DBZ was? JUst video made crisper or they also changed the audio in that?

Great news! I hope this movie is more creative than most movies of the series!

I'm curious as to where exactly this movie is going to fit? Cell saga? Buu Saga? Ah well, maybe if this is successful then we can get a new series! Also, I'm a little surprised that Akira Toriyama is returning, I thought he hated Dragonball.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Would be better if it were a new Dragon Ball movie rather than DBZ, but, with any luck, this could be fun, too.
Maybe they'll continue on from the end of DBZ and try something that isn't DBGT?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

HEY!! the movie fits into the lost decade, after they beat Buu and before the tournament where they meet Uub. It's canon.

Cobretti2 said:

I thought Kai was also a cut down version of DBZ. i.e they took out all the filler eps they made up whist the producers waited for the next managa to come out.

also can anyone tell me what the remastered DBZ was? JUst video made crisper or they also changed the audio in that?

Kai is a slim lined version of Z, though I feel they didn't cut enough as they could fit all of Dragon Ball in 150 episodes.  The remastered DBZ is a release by Funimation where they took the footage and cleaned it up with technology.  Though to hide the glue they cropped the footage, made it wide-screen.  They also cleaned the image considerably, though there's instances of black lines dissapearing and over whiteness in the first 5 volumes.  No audio chanage, has 3 audio tracks.  English audio, stereo, english music.  English audio, 5.1 surround, japanese music.  Mono japanese track.

I'm looking forward to it, DBZ is awesome.

greymay said:
This will be cool to see especially since I was such a crazy dbz fan when I was younger. I hope there is a lot of new story or at least different viewpoints or something. Also what is with the high quality 3d looking cinematic of the cliffs? Is it going to look like that?

Same here I used to come home from school every day and watch it on Toonami!  From what I know about it, it is going to have that new look.