By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dragonball Z 2013

I just finished Dragon Ball + DBZ this past month. I can't wait for this!

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:

Wait wasn't DB Kai just this pretty much? But Kai sucked bad from what I understand.

Kai wasn't so much bad, it just got rid of one of the big things that made American DBZ popular, the music.

Bruce F.'s soundtrack was completely removed and instead they added more classical music (which I have nothing against) but didn't fit the series.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Wait wasn't DB Kai just this pretty much? But Kai sucked bad from what I understand.

Kai wasn't so much bad, it just got rid of one of the big things that made American DBZ popular, the music.

Bruce F.'s soundtrack was completely removed and instead they added more classical music (which I have nothing against) but didn't fit the series.

Yeah getting rid of the BF music was a very bad idea because some of those tracks used to send shivers down my spine as a kid.

But I think I was disappointed with just how the animation was. When DB Kai was announced they showed the opening theme which had some eye watering animation. We all thought that was how the anime was going to be only to find the animation very much like the original, not much improved at all.

UltimateUnknown said:
_crazy_man_ said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Yeah getting rid of the BF music was a very bad idea because some of those tracks used to send shivers down my spine as a kid.

But I think I was disappointed with just how the animation was. When DB Kai was announced they showed the opening theme which had some eye watering animation. We all thought that was how the anime was going to be only to find the animation very much like the original, not much improved at all.

The music was a horrible, horrible decision. The animation was just as much a letdown, also. Its opening cutscene was the only segment that was improved in animation. All they did with this reiteration was the removal of fillers.

Remake a 300 episode series into a movie :O

I hope they go for the Frieza saga though

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

This will be cool to see especially since I was such a crazy dbz fan when I was younger. I hope there is a lot of new story or at least different viewpoints or something. Also what is with the high quality 3d looking cinematic of the cliffs? Is it going to look like that?

www.speedkittens.com

I cant get back into DBZ. I use to get excited but now im over it. Will give the movie a chance though, you never know

This is going to be awesome.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Oh, wow. How could I have not known about this. I'm disappointed with myself. At least, it's not based on the GT series. I do not usually get excited much, but I cannot wait for this!

I read this a while back. I hope this can bring enough profits to start up a new series of some kind. And those complaining about Kai's music, that's the original score from japan that they used for Kai. Then they changed it to the original score from the original Dragon Ball Z (The composer for Kai was copyriting music so they replaced the music altogether with the original Z score.)