By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Playstation All Stars is 'something much more, unique and special' than a Smash Brothers clone

Tagged games:

babuks said:
Since so many **** talks about being a clone or rip-off of Smash Bros, the recent news suggest that the upcoming Smash Bros will have different movesets for different characters, isn't that a rip-off?

Also, is this is the reason Nintendo don't make new IP because it will be a rip-off of other games?

Where did you read that? And does Allstars have that because if so, good idea.

Around the Network
babuks said:
Since so many **** talks about being a clone or rip-off of Smash Bros, the recent news suggest that the upcoming Smash Bros will have different movesets for different characters, isn't that a rip-off?

Also, is this is the reason Nintendo don't make new IP because it will be a rip-off of other games?

???? HOLY SH!T!! i never thought about that before...

It's good, but not as good as Smash Bros.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

This game makes me want to smash a bro. Maybe that's what they should have called it "bro smasher" or "Smash a playstation bro".

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I remember disliking COD simply because it looked a little too much like Doom.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I guess this game is shooting for a competitive fighting crowd. Meh, the only reason I play Smash Brothers is because you don't nee to be good at fighting games to have fun.

well its nice to know that people still had fun in Smash Bros even when i was mopping the floor with them ;D hopefully people will still have fun when im digging into their ass's with a shovel in Battle Royale ;)

enditall727 said:
babuks said:

He could have just completely made it up, and also Ninty copying that from Allstars is nothing compared to Sony completely ripping Smash off. But regardless atleast i get to play this and Smash making me a happy camper. I can take my skills from Smash and apply them to this hopefully.

This makes no sense:

"Perhaps it's a benefit of these characters being born on more advanced hardware or not being limited to 2D platformers, but All-Stars roster feels much more imaginative and fitting than any Smash Bros. game."

That's just not true in more ways than one.

I think it's fine to like this more than Brawl, most Sony fans will "like" it better than Smash Bros. by default (it's on PS3, it has Sony characters, etc). It may boil down to whether you like ring outs vs a scoring system. But the author does seem to be more of a Sony fan because the comment I quoted is a little silly/fanboyish.

Sal.Paradise said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:
All the hands on I've seen have been positive, now they just need a nice fleshed out cast

Was that Crash Bandicoot rumor (accompanied by a screenshot) ever confirmed?

That pic was fake as hell. It's up to activision really. Hope they support it cuz it's not like they are doing anything else with the IP anyways

What about that Paul Gale hint though? 

well here's the thing..the man uses vague ass hints...hints that can be used to spin either way so he can say..see this is what I meant by that if you get what I mean. I don't trust his hints at all..tho it's fun trying to decypher them 

@Fusioncode: No as they have said many times they want something that's good for both crowds. A game that's easy to get into but for those who want a deeper experience, a game that includes enough depth for that as well. This is not a highly technical game like Virtua fighter or anything afaik. But has a good learning curve. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

phenom08 said:
enditall727 said:
babuks said:

He could have just completely made it up, and also Ninty copying that from Allstars is nothing compared to Sony completely ripping Smash off. But regardless atleast i get to play this and Smash making me a happy camper. I can take my skills from Smash and apply them to this hopefully.

no, i was refering to what he said about Nintendo making new ips/franchises