By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘You’ve made your choice’: Man shares dad’s brutal letter disowning him for being gay

Runa216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

This is a good page regarding homosexuality from the American Psychological Association. It covers many issues regarding homosexuality & the source is grounded in scientific evidence. As far as I know it's not influenced by religious, political or any other such factors.

The only thing influencing the source is the responsiblity it has to promote the mental, physical & social wellbeing of humans. 

What's this?  Scientific evidence and proof by noted researchers on the topic?  

In the spirit of Player1x3, I'll see your scientific proof and raise you one biased Fox News report, and for good measure mock your stance by smugly assuming superiority by claiming your report was biased or somehow faulty.  

Be careful what you wish for Runa, I may wake up to such replies from him. And then my face might resemble your avatars lol! 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

I'm kind of mean, though.  I argue with people over things like this becuase I get a sort of a high knowing that I'm dealing with an ignoramus.  It feels good to know I'm better than some people, and seeing these threads is further proof.  I'm kind of mean, but at least I'm not trying to convince the world that being gay is a choice or peddling some other nonsense that is completely contradicted by science. 

You're cool, though.  I like you.  in fact I like most people on here, just not the ones that use religion as a basis for an argument and demand I take them seriously. 

This arrogant mentality is the prime reason why nobody ever changes their mind when debating. People are more open to agreeing with someone who is humble & respectful rather than someone who has already set his mind that he's the 'superior' man. And it's especially bad when not just one, but both debaters are like you. In these situations, you won't get anything close to a discussion or civilised debate. Just two people driven to 'win' the debate by any means necessary.

Everybody who loved FFXIII (that means all the cool people (e.g. not Jay (even if he never played it))) knows not to argue with Runa. Don't argue with Runa.

Boutros said:

Everybody who loved FFXIII (that means all the cool people (e.g. not Jay (even if he never played it))) knows not to argue with Runa. Don't argue with Runa.

There's nothing to argue here. He already proved my point in the post I quoted.

happydolphin said:

The number of debates I've had with Rol where I conceded points to him because he was simply right. If nobody has changed their opinions towards you, it's maybe because you have some homework to do.

Thta reminds me to ask you: Didn't Rol leave the site for a few weeks because he lost a debate to you?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Runa216 said:

I'm kind of mean, though.  I argue with people over things like this becuase I get a sort of a high knowing that I'm dealing with an ignoramus.  It feels good to know I'm better than some people, and seeing these threads is further proof.  I'm kind of mean, but at least I'm not trying to convince the world that being gay is a choice or peddling some other nonsense that is completely contradicted by science. 

You're cool, though.  I like you.  in fact I like most people on here, just not the ones that use religion as a basis for an argument and demand I take them seriously. 

This arrogant mentality is the prime reason why nobody ever changes their mind when debating. People are more open to agreeing with someone who is humble & respectful rather than someone who has already set his mind that he's the 'superior' man. And it's especially bad when not just one, but both debaters are like you. In these situations, you won't get anything close to a discussion or civilised debate. Just two people driven to 'win' the debate by any means necessary.

Yeah, but there's a difference between, say, hating or not hating Final Fantasy XIII and being plain wrong about something that has scientific proof.  

Like I said before, if it was something as simple as a difference of valid opinions, I really don't care and I do respect people who have different opinions, but there is such a thing as being wrong.  I only feel superior when someone tries to argue stupidly.  

And when people say they like FInal Fantasy XIII, that game sucks, there's no debating that :P (Just to clarify for those who will inevitably report me, that last comment was facetious) 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Jay520 said:

Thta reminds me to ask you: Didn't Rol leave the site for a few weeks because he lost a debate to you?

Hahaha, no, not really. He just needed a break.

Runa216 said:

And when people say they like FInal Fantasy XIII, that game sucks, there's no debating that :P (Just to clarify for those who will inevitably report me, that last comment was facetious) 

Sorry, I had already reported you twice before reading the parentheses.

Boutros said:
Runa216 said:

Sorry, I had already reported you twice before reading the parentheses.

Damn, bitches have hair triggers...or at least that's what your girlfriend told me.  BAZINGA! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Choosing a fairytale over your son must be a sign of mental deficiency