By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Size of Wii Games

wfz said:
Super Mario Galaxy = 3.28

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 1.30

How the hell is SMG2 almost 1/3 the size of the original?

Wow! And NSMB Wii only 0.36.. NSMB 2 is more than that

Around the Network
osed125 said:

Never would imagine that Other M size was so big, and I thought Skyward Sword was bigger, is the game disc for SS double layer?

Other M has pre-rendered cut-scenes and voice acting, Skyward Sword does not.

And assuming these figures are correct I would assume no SS disc is not dual-layer because a single layer disc can hold 4.7GB... Also Metroid Prime 3 is above SS and we know that isn't on dual layer because it came out before SSBB, which was the Wii's first dual layer game.

Some of these things make absolutely no sense. xD

wfz said:
Super Mario Galaxy = 3.28

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 1.30

How the hell is SMG2 almost 1/3 the size of the original?

Much better compression? More 2Dish sections? Smaller areas? Particularly the hub world.

Love and tolerate.

I'm personally interested to know how big Monster Hunter Tri is considering the size of the 3DS game.

Around the Network

I would quite like to see how big Sakura Wars is. I don't own it personally, but I've heard that it is dual layer

Sakura wars is dual layer, my Wii had some problems with this game. There is also another dual layer game, I think it's a Sengoku Basara, but I'm not sure. There are only 6 or 7 dual layer Wii games.

Kynes said:

Sakura wars is dual layer, my Wii had some problems with this game. There is also another dual layer game, I think it's a Sengoku Basara, but I'm not sure. There are only 6 or 7 dual layer Wii games.

TEN o' the buggers

• The Last Story
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Miburi & Teburi
  • Rabbids Collection
  • Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  • Sengoku Musou 3 / Samurai Warriors 3
  • Sengoku Muso 3: Mushou den
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (JP version is single-layer)

EDIT: Added The Last Story, and a couple of others to the list (agh)

kanjitech18 said:
I'm personally interested to know how big Monster Hunter Tri is considering the size of the 3DS game.

2.63 gigabutts.

ALSO: I'm sure The Last Story is only 4.85GB. The maximum size of a dual-layer disc's game partition appears to be only 7.92GB, possibly due to the update partition.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

It's interesting to note how many Wii games could not have fit on even 2 Gamecube discs, (no more than 2 were ever used for one game) at least not in their current state

I mean, Other M or Brawl are obviously beyond Gamecube capacity, but No More Heroes, Call of Duty 3, Tiger Woods '10, DKCR, and Epic Yarn? I'm surprised.

awesome list, thanks for taking the time to get it all down for the community!

I think its fascinating that Metroid other M is so high up there, yes it has voice acting, but the pre rendered cut scene didn't span that much of the game in reality. Xenoblade chronicles has so much more voice work, i cant believe Xeno is that much smaller, very cool