By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack&Wiki arrives in Europe!

NJ5 said:
50 € in Europe and $40 in USA? Sorry, not buying it, I don't like being ripped off. The $ = € strategy I can accept due to taxes and so on, but more than that is just ripping off PAL gamers.

Sadly, that is pretty outrageous...

Anyhoo Parokki, I hope you enjoy it. Ask your friend to help you solve puzzles, it's much better there. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Holy shit! I just fell on some frigging spikes and frigging DIED!!! What kind of a kid's game is this? =P

NO NO NO

Zack's pants have simply ripped. By the time he runs back to the ship and sews it shut the puzzle will reset.

ZACK WAS NOT IMPALED ON  A BED OF SPIKES. /jedimindtrick 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Congratulations on getting a beyond awesome game! And as for your "nerd" friends, they can't be of the highest calibur nerds if they never herd of this game. It's time you take them down a peg or two.

RolStoppable said:
NJ5 said:
50 € in Europe and $40 in USA? Sorry, not buying it, I don't like being ripped off. The $ = € strategy I can accept due to taxes and so on, but more than that is just ripping off PAL gamers.

The game is €40 on amazon.de for example. One thing to note is that Parokki lives in Finland and apparently it isn't uncommon that games there cost on average €5-10 more than in central europe.

You're right, I didn't remember he was talking about Finland. But at amazon.de I see 45 €. Oh well, I'll just wait for some promotion if I want to get it later down the road.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i've also got this game preordered even though I've still gor Tomb Raider Wii, REUC, Mario and Sonic, COD4 to play through yet.

Still gotta buy this game and support it, hope every other Wii european owner else on here does also.

Around the Network

I so want to have it! Just wrote a nasty letter to Amazon. It seems like they fucked up my pre-order (again). The shipping date for my order is still 31/01, even though the game will be out in two days. I bet they will not fix my order until Friday.

This has happened to me 3 times before - with Wario DS, Zelda DS and some book. Actually it was even worse with the book, but that's a bit OT now. I wonder why I still preorder with them.... Probably because 39.99€ sounded like a god deal.

Parokki,
What's Rubang? Google and Wikipedia couldn't help me out on that one.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Rubang is one of our most distinguished forum members. Unfortunately he hasn't graced us with his presence in almost a month.

I've played Zack&Wiki for around two hours now, and managed to find the first four or five treasures. These have been some of the best moments of console gaming I've experienced in a while, at least in single player anyway.

I simply can't believe I'm playing a game like this on a console. I was there when this genre prospered and when it died, but now it's back and better than ever!

Some less experienced gamers might find it discouraging how you die all the time from stuff you couldn't possibly have known to avoid, but that's how it's supposed to be! Try again, and do it properly!

I'm probably getting a bit carried away with all the praise here, but I had totally forgotten the sheer joy and sense of accomplishment that come with solving a puzzle in an adventure game, and I haven't even gotten to the hard parts yet.

Yeah, on second thought the high price is probably just a Finnish thing. With "free" (let's not debate that now) healthcare and higher education, I'm not complaining. =P

At least early on, if you're observant, you can see the death traps. They don't put spikes in the ground just to make the room more scenic good sir. There's likely a trap of some form.

Also, there's a 2 player mode. The second play can turn on a Wiimote, point to the screen and ping it. It is more useless than it sounds.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

It is a great game. The second player function is still pretty fun, but its just as easy to yell out what you think should be done. It gets tougher later, but I was amazed at all the little details in the games.

Me said:
i've also got this game preordered even though I've still gor Tomb Raider Wii, REUC, Mario and Sonic, COD4 to play through yet.

Still gotta buy this game and support it, hope every other Wii european owner else on here does also.

So nice to have a decent budget for games..

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558