By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most technically advanced game on Wii?

Metroid Prime 3, Goldeneye 007, Monster hunter tri, Xenoblade and The last story are all technically sound games. Especially the backdrops and sheer scale of the Xenoblade world..shame the character models and some of the animation isnt quite perfect. Also the Mario Galaxy games desreve a mention too.

Around the Network

*sigh* As aspected, everyone is rating games by how much they like them and their design. On a technical level Goldeneye was abyssmall on the Wii. Rogue Agent on the GC did more technically then that game did. You have to understand tech to understad whether or not something was "technically advanced". Technically advanced does not equal fun or graphically appealing.

Its sad that this never saw the light of day in the U.S.

Probably Monster Hunter Tri - very impressive game

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

@ lilbroex-
Then you could say Skyward sword is one of the most technically advanced games on the Wii as its controls are near on perfection and technically better than anything else the system has to offer.

zippy said:
@ lilbroex-
Then you could say Skyward sword is one of the most technically advanced games on the Wii as its controls are near on perfection and technically better than anything else the system has to offer.

Sure, if you take the word technical as its being asked in this thread far out of its intended context. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who actually read the first post.

Most people probably just read the title and started listing the games they liked the most and wanted to get the most appraisle like always.

It was defintely the most detailed Zelda game to ever be released but, on a technical level, Skyward Sword was par all around. I would give it to Red Steel 2 over Skyward Sword, though that honestly could have a achieved a lot more with the Wii's system resources as well.

Around the Network

@ lilbroex-Goldeneye has had a few mentions (inc myself), its a very polished and stylish game. I guess people including myself are mixing up a polished game that was made with no expense spared with tech. And to someone more in the know on specs and technical jargon its probably not that impressive. But i can see why people think it is a technically advanced game for Wii hardware.

Monster Hunter tri, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy, Darkside Chronicles, the CoD: Modern Warfare Reflex and Deadspace: Extraction.

zippy said:
@ lilbroex-Goldeneye has had a few mentions (inc myself), its a very polished and stylish game. I guess people including myself are mixing up a polished game that was made with no expense spared with tech. And to someone more in the know on specs and technical jargon its probably not that impressive. But i can see why people think it is a technically advanced game for Wii hardware.

That has "NOTHING" to do with tech. You are rating the games based on their appeal and how much you like them. Though things are irrelvent to level of advanced technical capability that was demonstrated.

There is nothing technically advanced about Goldeneye. That game was so technically suppar that is made me lose faith in the entirety of the Wii community when they start praising it and its lack of achievement.

Goldeneye is a prime example of peoples lack of understanding of the difference between games that they liked and games that are technically advanced. They consider technically advanced a positive phrase and thus want all of the games they liked associated with it for no other reason than that regardless of whether or not they fit the build.

Goldeneye had no physics, no detailed lighting or shadows, there were no texture effects, the polygon detail and texture quality were low-medium quality at best and the game was aliased to hell and back.

Anyone who says this game was technically advanced in anyway know nothing about technical achievement.

Red Steel did more technically than that and it was a release game.

I come in here to recommend Overlord and see it has been done for me. Nice.

I have nothing more to add. I do not know how some games stack up technically, but I did know Overlord was something special.

Also, Silent Hill was fairly astonishing.

And I do not know much about tech used in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, but I do know people consistently think it is an XBOX 360 game when they see it and it has very little if any framerate problems. I consider it very technical for Wii, but I could be wrong on this one.

lilbroex, what of Brawl? Does it not belong up there somewhere? All that malarky, 4 players, good graphics, almost no frame rate issues...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
I come in here to recommend Overlord and see it has been done for me. Nice.

I have nothing more to add. I do not know how some games stack up technically, but I did know Overlord was something special.

Also, Silent Hill was fairly astonishing.

And I do not know much about tech used in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, but I do know people consistently think it is an XBOX 360 game when they see it and it has very little if any framerate problems. I consider it very technical for Wii, but I could be wrong on this one.

lilbroex, what of Brawl? Does it not belong up there somewhere? All that malarky, 4 players, good graphics, almost no frame rate issues...

Brawl, was good but technically it wasn't much more advanced than melee on the GC and the Wii can do so much more than that. It was a good game though. It was pretty much Melee with more detailed character models and higher quality textures. It had good bit more background effects as well.

SH: Shattered Memories did have some good lighting and texture effects as well as some pretty fluid animation but that was it. I would give it a B- for its use of the Wii's more advanced technical capabilities. You could tell it was held back to make it easily portable to the PS2 and PSP. No game that has a PS2 or PSP version made the best of the Wii hardware. Sonic Unleashed vs Sonic Colors demonstrated this.

Oh, and I frogot to mention Sonic Colors That game amazed me. I still remember seeing the screens before its release and thinking they were touched up bullshots even with my high appraisle of the Wii's capabilities. The single thing that impressed me the most with that game were Dr. Robotnicks gloves.  They had some niceo high quality bump mapping on them.