By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Updated: Global Hardware and software UP! (28th July '12) - 3DS dominates, Vita falters

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:

Where in my post did I say a price cut wouldn't help?

The whole of your post seemed to insist that bundles will do what Vita needs. They won't if the base price isn't small enough.

The price needs to be cut for people, a lot of people don't want to pay 250$ for a gaming console, and I don't blame them.

They paid $250 for the Wii, didn't they? What did Nintendo do? Release appealing games. That is what Sony need to do first. Cutting the price with no big games (almost) to speak of isn't going to do enough to be financially viable. People are not going to buy Vita just because it is cheap, they will buy it if it has games they want. That is what CoD and AC will help with.

I thought we all knew that Home Consoles were more expensive than Handhelds? 250 is "Cheap" for a Home Console while it's not for a HH.

The PSP sold at $250 and sold a lot better than the PSV in the same time scale.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:

Where in my post did I say a price cut wouldn't help?

The whole of your post seemed to insist that bundles will do what Vita needs. They won't if the base price isn't small enough.

The price needs to be cut for people, a lot of people don't want to pay 250$ for a gaming console, and I don't blame them.

The easiest way to answer this is by saying "See Pezus' post".  @ bold, that's not what I meant, and not really what I said at all.  Bundles were one of only three things I listed (along with games and features, if you look back at the post).

I am sure a price cut is something they're considering.  But just because the 3DS did it and it worked, doesn't mean it should automatically be the "go-to" to boost Vita sales.  Sony are obviously trying the route Nintendo decided not to which is wait and see what the bigger name games do for the system.

Question: Those 71k in Europe for 3DS was for the XL release? So dissapointing if true.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Question: Those 71k in Europe for 3DS was for the XL release? So dissapointing if true.

It was only one day of sales.

Herolink7 said:
Pavolink said:

It was only one day of sales.

Don't expect a giant bump next week.

Around the Network

or at least maintain on the 70k level

pezus said:

So can we expect 3DS sales in Europe to increase further next week or what?

DieAppleDie said:

That's what I hope. When is NSMB2 coming to PALand?

Pavolink said:
pezus said:

So can we expect 3DS sales in Europe to increase further next week or what?

DieAppleDie said:

That's what I hope. When is NSMB2 coming to PALand?

August 17th

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

August 17th

Sub 70k weeks incoming.

August 4th - 55-60k

August 11th - 35-45k

Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

A price-cut is needed regardless of how many games come.

It's quite a sad precedent Nintendo seem to have set for future systems by slashing the price of the 3DS so early.  Now anything that doesn't take off within the first 6+ months needs a price cut and nothing else.  Not games, not bundles, not features, just a price cut, because that's what the 3DS did.  Ugh.

Not really Kresnic. The only reason why Nintendo did that is because the PSP was looming. Nintendo didn't need to accelerate the sales of the 3DS necessarily, especially not if doing so would drastically reduce profit and lead to hefty losses.

Something else is amiss, and I've explained it here -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4715803