By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLaystation All Stars Battle Royal is GARBAGE! (And I'll tell you why)

Well finally got the beta and I waited a good hour to download it and happily played it with a huge smile and anticipation. Sadly I didn't enjoy it AT ALL(stars)! It's awful, the dodging barely works, the screen is always unfocused on the actiion and more on the background which causes you to lose track of where you are every few seconds. 

Also, the fact that there is no warning for when your openents gets a special, you die CONSTANTLY. Want to know why? Because the dodging mechanic is so unbelievably bad that the whole time you mash dodge or even time it correctly you get hit anyway! So pretty much you'll never know when to dodge because there is no warning for when the openents have specials.

The stages are also beyond big, which I explained earlier, you'll lose track of your position and get anhilated, it's just DERP to put it bluntly. I know you guys are thinking, "Well Mr. Fish this is just a beta so BACK OFF!" Well the thing is I can still see how the game is going to play from the beta, which the way it plays is just PATHETIC!

I even have ways to fix the game of course and here you go.

1.) warning for specials.

-How about when you get a special you activate it, you glow purple or something then you press the button again to do the special. This enables actual anticipation and  a hope for others to dodge it.

2.)fix the camera angle on stages

-When the players are even some what seperated you can barely tell what you're doing and since most attacks knock you back really far it happens very often so they should make the camera more focused on the players and less on the stage, or just make smaller stages as they're just HUGE. (Obviously we don't know of the other stages, but from what I saw they're way to big!

3.)ledge grabbing

-Simple grab ledges

4.)better dodge detection

- For the love of god they need to fix this, you can barely dodge anything at all let alone specials.

Well there you have it if you think I'm wrong, state your reason or if you want to add more suggestions say so.

Around the Network

I dont think its intended that you dodge specials with a simple dodge. The one video showed special dodging by using special attacks and stuff.

Other than that I never had any hope this game would be good. Not enough interesting characters or stages

hmm Interesting

i am going to hold you to this mr blkfish

when i finally get to play Battle Royale i will see how it is and if it isnt complete "GARBAGE" like you claim then...

.. IM COMING AFTER YOU, LINK!!

:)

The game is good but I played so little.

you just mad because you sucked :p

in all seriousness, I can't judge since I haven't played it but they call it a beta for a reason, lets give the game some time and see what awaits us when the final product is in stores.

also I hear that there will be other modes so don't judge the whole game on one mode...

Around the Network

I'll take your word for it. I've been skeptical on this, and LBP Karting (which I actually played and thought it was meh).

I'll have an opinion when I actually play it, but I wont have any high expectations at all.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Xxain said:
I dont think its intended that you dodge specials with a simple dodge. The one video showed special dodging by using special attacks and stuff.

Other than that I never had any hope this game would be good. Not enough interesting characters or stages

What? If anything good is in this game it's the characters.

This is a good opportunity to test the new mods

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated -twesterm

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Well this is a dramatic overreaction. Everything you suggest is an easy fix, maybe ledge grabbing will take some time though if it's added. I'm not sure what you mean about the stages or about the background or angles, they have angles? Im guessing you mean zoom out and difficulty seeing your character, so suggesting identification arrows or something would fix this. From my understanding you don't dodge supers, you get the hell out of the way. You will need to watch other character's super meters to anticipate supers, but I supose a flash of light when a super is reached or with a glow and a larger number would help.

This is a beta and you don't have an idea how it will play if these superficial things are your grievances. This game isn't suppose to be played exactly like Smash Bros so you can't assume there isn't a learning curve. You make some good points but you should be taking it up with superbot and not spreading hate on some forum.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

SnakeDrake said:
This is a good opportunity to test the new mods

The title is a little questionable, but the content is well explained and not an all-out attack on the game. This, on the other hand, is derailing the topic - ironic, huh? :P

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~