By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLaystation All Stars Battle Royal is GARBAGE! (And I'll tell you why)

Chark said:
Well this is a dramatic overreaction. Everything you suggest is an easy fix, maybe ledge grabbing will take some time though if it's added. I'm not sure what you mean about the stages or about the background or angles, they have angles? Im guessing you mean zoom out and difficulty seeing your character, so suggesting identification arrows or something would fix this. From my understanding you don't dodge supers, you get the hell out of the way. You will need to watch other character's super meters to anticipate supers, but I supose a flash of light when a super is reached or with a glow and a larger number would help.

This is a beta and you don't have an idea how it will play if these superficial things are your grievances. This game isn't suppose to be played exactly like Smash Bros so you can't assume there isn't a learning curve. You make some good points but you should be taking it up with superbot and not spreading hate on some forum.

I'm not comparing it with smash bros. and you can dodge, it's just so bad and almost inpossible to dodge specials, though I have.

Around the Network

Aww :(

Well, this is the minority opinion, most feedback I've heard is very positive, so I'm hopeful.

blkfish92 said:
Chark said:
Well this is a dramatic overreaction. Everything you suggest is an easy fix, maybe ledge grabbing will take some time though if it's added. I'm not sure what you mean about the stages or about the background or angles, they have angles? Im guessing you mean zoom out and difficulty seeing your character, so suggesting identification arrows or something would fix this. From my understanding you don't dodge supers, you get the hell out of the way. You will need to watch other character's super meters to anticipate supers, but I supose a flash of light when a super is reached or with a glow and a larger number would help.

This is a beta and you don't have an idea how it will play if these superficial things are your grievances. This game isn't suppose to be played exactly like Smash Bros so you can't assume there isn't a learning curve. You make some good points but you should be taking it up with superbot and not spreading hate on some forum.

I'm not comparing it with smash bros. and you can dodge, it's just so bad and almost inpossible to dodge specials, though I have.

Are you sure you're dodging them or just getting lucky and they miss you? Do you have the same trouble dodging regular attacks?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

umm I honestly don't think I saw anyone else complaining about dodge...at all. It just takes some practice and skill and you can easily avoid almost any super other than some of the lvl 3 supers

I did hear about the notification of supers complaint tho. Hope they tweak that. Shouldn't be too hard for them.

ledge grabbing don't really need to be part of a game like this. It's just a personal preference thing here

in all honesty, this sounds like an extreme overreaction tbh. sadly not many in vgc have had played the beta so I have been reading reactions a lot in various places. almost always the feedback has been extremely positive. I am extremely frustrated at the moment cuz of that too lol
By any chance you didn't use a dummy account to use the code right? Would love to get in it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Chark said:
blkfish92 said:
Chark said:

Are you sure you're dodging them or just getting lucky and they miss you? Do you have the same trouble dodging regular attacks?

No I'm not getting lucky I know what I see, the game doesn't seem to lag, and sometimes you can barely dodge regular attacks.

Around the Network

why don't you block 'regular' attacks instead? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

arcane_chaos said:
you just mad because you sucked :p

You would be singing a different tune if it turned out you were good at it. 

M.U.G.E.N said:

Barely works because everyone is mashing attacks becasue they all want they're damned specials and if you try dodging you'll probably get hit any way.

SnakeDrake said:

This is a good opportunity to test the new mods

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated -twesterm

<3 twesterm

blkfish92 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Barely works because everyone is mashing attacks becasue they all want they're damned specials and if you try dodging you'll probably get hit any way.

Well I'm sure it's impossible to evade all attacks..that's the same with any fighting game. Just have to aim for an opening or use the landscape to escape. Like I said I haven't heard of any issues with dodging yet. Just talked to someone who plays this a lot and was told that maybe they could speeded it up a bit but that was it.

and the overall nature of the game is offense centric. Even the recent tweaks they made to the beta are based around that idea.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!