By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day sets sales record for the company...

richardhutnik said:

And I am getting this outrage pouring out on Facebook.  First, the Oreo issue, then Chik-Fil-A.  I had one person express their outrage by posting this on their wall:

There are times I wish the Facebook wall were just used for funny pictures and videos.  I am like, some things about you I don't want to know about.

the difference is nobody wanted to ban oreo's.

thats usually the difference between conservative and liberal boycots.

liberals demand places be shut down, business not be built, people be thrown off air/ shows cancealed, etc. generally conservatives dont.

this was more of a pro- 1st ammendment thing, than pro-traditional marriage thing.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

The impressive thing is that in a 2 minute video he got himself fired, probably made it very difficult for him to find another job, and made everyone empathise and respect that poor employee ...

True. Most feature length films are at least sixty times as long and don't accomplish half as much.

axumblade said:

I would say Wendy's but apparently they are sporting signs that say "We support chick-fil-a" so now my bf won't let me eat there either. :/

That was just one guy (albeit one who owns a number of Wendy's, I gather) but corporate told him to knock it off.

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:

And I am getting this outrage pouring out on Facebook.  First, the Oreo issue, then Chik-Fil-A.  I had one person express their outrage by posting this on their wall:

There are times I wish the Facebook wall were just used for funny pictures and videos.  I am like, some things about you I don't want to know about.

And that sad part is... somebody could post the exact same graphic, but swap the words... and it would be just as valid.

Wrong!  Show me one advocate of same sex marriage that is sponsering a 'kill the Christian's bill.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Well when you donate money to take away peoples rights to get married and adopt children that's pretty bad. But CFA also donated money to stop the removal of the 'kill that gays' bill - not sure why the name evil isn't appropriate.

It’s really ugly that people that by eating a sandwich they feel good about hurting others. It’s like Prop 8, which was super ugly in California, has gone national. No same sex marriage advocate is trying to dissolve the marriages of opposite sex couples. The two sides are NOT equivalent.

According to Target's number their revenue was down 5% while their competitors showed more than twice that in increased sales over the same period, and triple in some cases. Now Target adversities that they have Same Sex Marriage registry and supplies. Quite and about face from 2 years ago when they donated to a group that sent money to a USA version of a 'kill the gays' group. I’m not saying one caused the other, but it sure looks that way.

The whole Chicken Sandwich things is one of the last big hurray of the people in support of Marriage Discrimination. They are similar to the ones that fought against women voting and interracial marriages. Things get bad right before they get better, and they know that Marriage Discrimination is on the way out and they are just upset by it.

It’s not about some dudes opinion – it’s about donating money to destroy families. That’s what CFA has done and is doing. Same Sex marriage will soon be the law of even more lands. They will either change their ways, or like the pool in my home town that refused to let different races in the pool – go out of business.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
homer said:
@Mr Khan
That wasn't the owners intent. -_-. Chick fil a is freaking closed on Sunday. They are a christian corporation. Are you surprised he would stand up against an act that the bible explicitly states as immoral and repugnant? Didn't his father teach sunday school for what... 71 years or something?

Yes, many Christian Churches are advocates and supports of Same Sex Marriage.  So it's not a guarantee that because some claims to be a Christian that they are a supporter of marriage discrimination.

Notice he is not trying to prevent divorced people from getting married.  Or people with tattoos. Or the stoning of women, etc.   He just is a pick and chooses what he wants to believe.

Plus, show me the part where Jesus said same sex couples couldn’t get married?   

Tell me a funny joke!

The problem is with the boycott itself. They are boycotting a restaurant because of the views of its CEO, views which many support. Problem ends of being that there are many who disagree with the CEO, but believe in his rights to make such a statement.

On the other side though, it has brought out support of people who disagree with his statement, but standby his right to make it.

It ends up being a % of the % of the % that disagree with his stance on the subject, that will end up boycotting and might even strengthen the company in the long run.

killerzX said:
richardhutnik said:

liberals demand places be shut down, business not be built, people be thrown off air/ shows cancealed, etc. generally conservatives dont.

this was more of a pro- 1st ammendment thing, than pro-traditional marriage thing.

Tell The Dixie Chicks that conservative boycotts can't get downright vicious.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
richardhutnik said:

im not fimiliar with that. can you give me a back story.

and if what you said is true... i did say 'generally'

killerzX said:
Mr Khan said:

im not fimiliar with that. can you give me a back story.

and if what you said is true... i did say 'generally'

Back in the day (before it was cool to do so even for celebrities with more liberal fanbases) The Dixie Chicks said something against Bush and the Iraq War, and Country Music fans and the CM establishment went apeshit.

Or even further back, when John Lennon said The Beatles were bigger than Jesus, and the reaction against that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.