By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day sets sales record for the company...

And I am getting this outrage pouring out on Facebook.  First, the Oreo issue, then Chik-Fil-A.  I had one person express their outrage by posting this on their wall:

There are times I wish the Facebook wall were just used for funny pictures and videos.  I am like, some things about you I don't want to know about.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Well... define Pro-Gay.

Are these companies that actually give money to gay charities.

Or just companies that don't say bigoted things?

Presumably they're companies that are against DOMA, offer benefits to gay couples, etc. Of course, there are completely non-altruistic reasons to do those things.

I work at two jobs and Chick Fil A is one of 'em. Ironically enough I was working the other job yesterday (Chili's), but our CFA saw a 200% growth yesterday. The place was packed as I passed it by.

Of course, I'll be working at CFA tomorrow when the actual protest is (apparently there will be some "kiss-ins"), so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm hoping that everything turns out for the best. Honestly I find the whole thing (and both sides) over the top... but hey... it's a crazy world we live in.

@D21

Huh, I was at Hilton Head Island last week as well! Great place. ^_^

richardhutnik said:

And I am getting this outrage pouring out on Facebook.  First, the Oreo issue, then Chik-Fil-A.  I had one person express their outrage by posting this on their wall:

There are times I wish the Facebook wall were just used for funny pictures and videos.  I am like, some things about you I don't want to know about.

And that sad part is... somebody could post the exact same graphic, but swap the words... and it would be just as valid.

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:

And that sad part is... somebody could post the exact same graphic, but swap the words... and it would be just as valid.

The person posting it actually had the opposite view as expressed there, and were showing it to score points for their view, by showing how the views of the other side contradicted.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:

The person posting it actually had the opposite view as expressed there, and were showing it to score points for their view, by showing how the views of the other side contradicted.

Yeah... if you ask me, Protests are valid, as are counter protests.

The only difference really is that Chick-Fil-A isn't a publicly traded company.

Whether that makes it better or worse who can say.

One could argue it makes Chick Fil-a worse and more deserving of a boycott since Owner views and company views are unseperable.

Others may argue that the Oreo case would be worse because it's a publicly traded company and it's hurting base demographics.

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:

Yeah... if you ask me, Protests are valid, as are counter protests.

The only difference really is that Chick-Fil-A isn't a publicly traded company.

Whether that makes it better or worse who can say.

One could argue it makes Chick Fil-a worse and more deserving of a boycott since Owner views and company views are unseperable.

Others may argue that the Oreo case would be worse because it's a publicly traded company and it's hurting base demographics.

Less wise in Oreo's case, although Oreo was also more subtle about it, instead of calling an entire generation of consumers "arrogant"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ouch.

This:

Led to this:

TUCSON, AZ--(Marketwire - Aug 2, 2012) - The following is a statement from Vante:

Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.

We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith's actions against Vante and its employees.

He may be subsiting on free water for the foreseeable future.

badgenome said:

Ouch.

This:

Led to this:

TUCSON, AZ--(Marketwire - Aug 2, 2012) - The following is a statement from Vante:

Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.

We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith's actions against Vante and its employees.

Proof that you can't get away with this sort of thing without being sole owner of a private company

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

badgenome said:

Ouch.

This:

Led to this:

The impressive thing is that in a 2 minute video he got himself fired, probably made it very difficult for him to find another job, and made everyone empathise and respect that poor employee ...