By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Should Skateboarding and BMX Vert be in the olympics?

It seems like common sense to me, lots of people watch it and like it, and the fact that they have Snowboarding for pipe just makes them look hypocrtical for not putting skateboarding and BMX vert in. Plus, I want someone to replace the X games for most popular skateboard vert event. I Can't take the X games sometimes, I liked it better when it was just a simple in the 90's and early 2000's, but now it has all this crazy crap like going through loops and rally car racing.

Around the Network

Yeah I don't see why not. That would be fun to watch. There are a lot less popular sports than skateboarding in the olympics that is for sure. They could have the boards styled for each country haha

www.speedkittens.com

Then they should also include surfing, wakeboarding and all the other stuff like that.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Just seems like another sport that Americans would put in, so Americans could win more medals.

If anything I think the olympics should consolidate to "Core" sports that are more universal to be a better competition among nations.

They are adding golf in 2016, so I don't see why they should add the sports you named. The more sports the better!

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Then they should also include surfing, wakeboarding and all the other stuff like that.

wakeboarding will be probably olympic in 2020

What???? No!!!!
There are other sports that deserve to be olympic!

KARATE should be at the olympics. Rugby, Racketball.

Skatebarding is fine a the X Games

Laurel Aitken said:
What???? No!!!!

rugby will be olympic in 2016

not sure with racquetball but i believe that this isn't played in enough countries. and doesn't karate have too many different styles? i have no clue about karate but could this be the problem?

crissindahouse said:
Laurel Aitken said:
What???? No!!!!

rugby will be olympic in 2016

not sure with racquetball but i believe that this isn't played in enough countries. and doesn't karate have too many different styles? i have no clue about karate but could this be the problem?

Well Karate has been tryingto enter for 20 years.

The main kind of Karate is like tae kwon do, you get points by hitting your opponent. Is more universal than skateboarding and popular in every country.

IDK, then they would have to add fighting, and racing. As was said earlier, there should be a core olympics then maybe an alternative place for the others.