By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony chairman says company's performance is 'stimulating'

The 2012 Olympics has given the UK government the opportunity to invite the leaders of many global corporations to London, to discuss investment and other issues, like how their business is dealing with economic slowdown.

The chairman of Sony, Howard Stringer, is one of the influential corporate decision makers taking the chance to mix with his counterparts from other companies.

Howard Stringer told the BBC's Phillip Hampshire that the turnaround in the company's performance is "stimulating."

Source

Around the Network

Well i certainly hope this 'Stimulating' performance is accurate rather than just company official PR as Sony could do with a massive turnaround to get back on track!

I guess we shall see when their Q1 results come in shortly anyway

Stimulating as in: " am so happy that I am not CEO anymore"?

Anyways, would be good if Sony would get better soon. Too much Samsung/ LG is not good for competition.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Stimulating as in: " am so happy that I am not CEO anymore"?

Anyways, would be good if Sony would get better soon. Too much Samsung/ LG is not good for competition.

Didn't LG, Samsung and a few others get in trouble with price fixing in Europe over LCD TVs.  I am pretty sure I remember that story where they had to pay millions or perhaps Samsung spilt the beans to avoid the hefty fine while others got nailed with it.

I certainly hope so, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Around the Network

......thats pure politician speak.

Stimulating could mean a lot of things.

Realistically it could mean "there has been a small improvement in sales compared to last year, but we still have a long way to go".

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony's so desperate they're going into the sex-toy market to save their company?

:(

wfz said:
Sony's so desperate they're going into the sex-toy market to save their company?

Ah shit look who is on top of his game...  Now you just need your original avatar back.

sethnintendo said:
wfz said:

Ah shit look who is on top of his game...  Now you just need your original avatar back.

I didn't even notice; I guess I got too used to the piplup face. Thanks for the reminder!

I know CEO's and unless they use the word Gang-Busters or something like that.. it wont be news worthy improvement

Stimulating just means, valuable employees in their company are less actively looking for jobs outside their company