By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you play online on consoles last generation?

Did you play online on consoles last generation?

Yes, on my own console. 35 35.71%

Yes, but on a friend's console. 7 7.14%

I didn't start until this generation. 46 46.94%

I still don't play online. 3 3.06%

PC is the only way to game online. 7 7.14%

Total:98

I had an xbox, but didn't get xbl until the 360. I did play Halo 2 online quite a bit at my friends houses.

Around the Network

No, but kinda. Never played a game online on the PS2 or Dreamcast, but I did try out the Dreamcast web browser a couple of times.

Mario Kart wii was my best online experience for nintendo yet. Smash Bros. Brawl was an absolute failure of shit in that department - and it's the one game that could benefit the most!

I have an xbox but I was not interested in XBL. Even more so since my university allowed us to local play with everyone on campus, mainly Halo 2. This is one reason why I believe the 360 did so well. If that was happening at every college in th US and high school kids were gathering for lan parties...it was a sensation.

With the dawn of online services for consols people are just using the internet instead of lan.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Silly question, Nintendo didn't make online available for console until this gen when they introduce to gamers that feature to bad Sony and Microsoft had to copy them

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I forgot I also played PGR2 a couple of times online.

Yes, original Xbox played PGR2, Rallisport Challenge 2, MechAssault along with the usual Halo 2.

My friend played Phantasy Star Online on his Dreamcast

It's just that simple.

Yeah I played the Star Wars Battlefront games online quite a bit and a few others, still waiting for Battlefront 3.

Like a few people who have posted, I stuck with GameCube last gen, so no. My first regular online experience was Mario Kart DS.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for the Wii was my first online game. Had so many good times with that game. Then Mario Kart Wii, CoD on Wii, and then finally CoD on 360.