By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii FPS controls: near perfection, not there yet

IllegalPaladin said:

Whats funny then is how you made this thread NOW instead of waiting till LATER when more games would support your thoughts. I don't know about others, but I've also been playing on controllers for years as well and I still feel the way I do.

Actually, it would be funny if I said that Wiimote controls are ALREADY perfect. A quick look at the top states very clearly that they're not there yet.

Why should I have to wait another 5 years to say this? By then it will be redundant.

I'm also not quite sure what your point is about having used controllers for years. I've never made any claims that regular controllers are better for FPS than Mouse + Keyboard. this is purely about the Wiimote, and it's potential. The current use of the Wiimote is incredibly comfortable compared to mouse and keyboard, and all that's left is to improve the use of the motion controls and button mapping.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Because you've said that people are commenting that play on keyboards for years. It's merely something to say that my experiences with FPS isn't just with computers, but with controllers on consoles as well.

A mouse is more stable than a Wiimote and you can turn faster than with a Wiimote+nunchuck, thats why the mouse and keyboard is better. Also a ton of more easily accessable buttons on the keyboard.

Mouse+Keyboard>Wiimote+nunchuck.

Better precision, faster turning, more buttons, PC still dominates.

PC Gamer

Um, no, I didn't say that. the "keyboarding for years" comment wasn't a generalization about the posters, but a SPECIFICATION of which posters I was talking about.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
Um, no, I didn't say that. the "keyboarding for years" comment wasn't a generalization about the posters, but a SPECIFICATION of which posters I was talking about.

And since there were no actual names mentioned, I've been playing 3d games from Descent: Freespace and Half-Life on a PC since 1999-2000 which is why I acted. Still, I was used to playing it (and I guess FPS games in general) my keyboard during my play through Half-Life. I don't think anybody who plays on the computer will be an instant wiz at any new game they boot up which feels like the argument from the people who don't play on the PC. Every new game has to be learned through not only controls, but also how the game actually plays. The only thing that carries over (like console games) would be your familar basic controls like movement.

Around the Network

Absolutely right.
Stop saying that MP3's controles are unperfect.

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda