By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Bible verse discussion thread

Tagged games:

metroidking said:

The Old Testament is to show God's Wrath, The New Testament shows God's Mercy most of the teachings in the old testament are replaced in the New Testament, Christians live their lives in accordance with the New Testament not the old. Rape comes under the commandment of Adultery and Adultery is very broad in terms of Gods view on it. Matthew 5:28 "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." If someone is being raped by someone else they will have lusted in their heart therefore its a sin. Case Closed

Okay, so we're here to talk. The case is open as long as it needs to be open if that's okay with you.

The question some of us have is, if God is good, then why would there be evil in the Mosaic laws?

I mean, some parts can be reasoned out as Jesus said, for instance, that what comes inside the body is not what defiles a man. And so he explains why certain laws are no longer valid. But at the same time, we want to know what the intent was in those laws, apart from them being overbearing.

For instance, this case.

If you do not satisfy people's need for answers, the questions will always be asked. Of course once something is fully covered, we can move on to the next. But as long as there are questions, let's let them be asked.

Around the Network

Genesis 3:16. That is all you need to know.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Moonhero said:

I'm guessing this?

Genesis 3:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to children. 
Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you. ”

happydolphin said:
Moonhero said:

I'm guessing this?

Genesis 3:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to children. 
Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you. ”

And now you can find peace.

Moonhero said:

And now you can find peace.

Explain.

Around the Network

Sarcasm... That's all.

My best friend send a letter to his sister who was on a mission in Kenya. I made sure he added: "You going over there made me think of Genesis 3;16.". She read the note aloud to her friends on the mission with her. They all thought it was a nice thing, and pulled out a Bible to read it as a group. Silence...

In my opinion what is present in the Old Testament and specially in this book, is the value of purity and the meaning of Justice. But to read the Old Testament you need to remember how people was at that time: people often say that God is vengeful or that He is mean, but it was the people who was (easily) corrupted even when having God in their presence. Remember God`s words to Moses of how hard were the hearts of those at that time and not to forget the response that Jesus gave regarding divorce (reading both quotes gives a better idea).

Moonhero said:
Sarcasm... That's all.

My best friend send a letter to his sister who was on a mission in Kenya. I made sure he added: "You going over there made me think of Genesis 3;16.". She read the note aloud to her friends on the mission with her. They all thought it was a nice thing, and pulled out a Bible to read it as a group. Silence...

And that's funny?

DélioPT said:
In my opinion what is present in the Old Testament and specially in this book, is the value of purity and the meaning of Justice. But to read the Old Testament you need to remember how people was at that time: people often say that God is vengeful or that He is mean, but it was the people who was (easily) corrupted even when having God in their presence. Remember God`s words to Moses of how hard were the hearts of those at that time and not to forget the response that Jesus gave regarding divorce (reading both quotes gives a better idea).

Yes, definitely sheds clues on the process of the writing of the laws. Aka some laws we know were written in divine inspiration, but the inspiration took into account the hardness of heart, and as such is not the actual untampered will of God, but a compromise of sorts.

That's why the law of Christ is the full package, the real deal.

Im gonna contribute to this thread by posting some of the numerous prophecies fulfilled in the old testament and in the bible to show its accuracy and the truth behind its words and authors. The prophecies which i will be posting will be in no specific order of timeline