By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Brawl gets 40/40 from Famitsu.

yep

Around the Network
epsilon72 said:
FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
This page is slow because it is on the front page of digg.com. I'd just like to say- Vote for Ron Paul, listen to Free Talk Live, and if Ron Paul does not win you should vote with your feet by joining the Free State Project and move to NH!

About SSBB, I already pre-ordered it from Toys-R-Us last year. If you have not done so, DO IT! This will be the Wii game of the year.
Is Ron Paul in SSBB?
No, but there is Arnold Schwarzenegger as a T-1000... not

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

a.l.e.x59 said:
Delay? DELAY? I thought the delay was cancelled, or just a rumour... DELAY???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

It's true! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is the second time this happened! First December... Then February... Now March? Come on...

Oh well... The longer, the better!

By the way, isn't it just a "tad" bit too early for a review on this game? I mean, it's not even finished yet... Is it? If it's finished, why the delay? If not, why the review? Even so, reviews usually come in around launch date.

A) Famitsu always reviews game quite early
B) The game is done, it has been printed and will be shipped soon
C) It comes out Jan. 31, so a Jan. 16 review is not farfetched, especially for such a big game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@alex

the delay in NA is more about having enough hardware to launch SSBB with. They want to make sure the GAMERS actually get their hands on the console since someone who buys a Wii for SSBB is more likely to buy other games than a person who buy a Wii for Wiisports only...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd, I am starting to think that you know your shit when it comes to nintendo predictions...

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
@alex

the delay in NA is more about having enough hardware to launch SSBB with. They want to make sure the GAMERS actually get their hands on the console since someone who buys a Wii for SSBB is more likely to buy other games than a person who buy a Wii for Wiisports only...

Because you have proof of this?

Let me ask you...isn't it possible that there's problems with localization and the US online system, and they need a few extra weeks to work it out?

Because honestly, I don't believe that they'd delay the game 4 more weeks, angering fans, just for more consoles in stock.  There's probably 6 million Wii owners ready to buy this game already...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm so stupid, I tried to by this game for my brothers on christmas. It was embarrassing.

^^Well, it WAS originally supposed to come out December 12th, but it got delayed several months ago.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Honestly I can wait for the game. But the thing that has me worried is the fact that we have to deal with another month with those damn spoiling updates >:(

Plus Japan is getting it first so there definitely will be some info that will get leaked before it hits America and Europe.

Ya I went to like 3 stores.. then finally decided to ask a clerk. They told me it got pushed back.