By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Brawl gets 40/40 from Famitsu.

good score. hopefully it is as good as nintendogs.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

New link with 16 SSBB Famitsu Scans including the score

http://brawlcentral.com/famitsu_scans.php

Also translation of the review:

Nintendo
January 1, 2008 Sale Date \ 6,800 (sales tax inc.)
Variety Fighter/ Action
You can control tons of characters like Mario and Snake. Up to four players can battle at once. Cooperative mode is added in. Online battles are also possible.
Target Players: Anyone can enjoy this one
Average Play time: That depends on how you play this game

This time single player has tons of content. The adventure mode is quite long and fun. And the story presentation is amazing. As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill. The controls and sound are also satisfying. Hats off to Nintendo.
Score: 10

The new unpredictable factor that is the final smash allows us to enjoy an amazing effect and refreshing feel from any character. The fights are even more intense. The single player modes are abundant and a plus. The Fallen angel Adventure mode's movie and action tempo are good and you just forget time while playing. Im highly satisfied with the game.

The powerhouse cast and gimmicks! The dynamic and subtle character movements! The must see final smashes! There are tons of battle stages. The single player mode is also extremely satisfying. There is a stage edit, and you can browse through the detailed information in the game.
Score 10

The moves of the the all star roster of characters have been polished, and the addicting one player mode has been perfected. With its outstanding graphics and wonderful ambience, Brawl is an epic game in which you can feel the efforts that went into it. Every time you play it, you'll discover something new, and you'll savor both sweet joy and bitter loss when you battle.

Source www.brawlcentral.com

^^Oh my god I LOVE Ivysaur's recovery move XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
koopatrooper said:
GOTY!!!

How can it be GOTY when the year has just begun?

Troll_Monster said:
koopatrooper said:
GOTY!!!

RE4 for Gamecube came out in January as well--it got GotY.  What does time of release have to do with quality?

Also, looks like ZSS' final smash is getting the suit back...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

We've known that for a long while kitchen sink, was found out from E for All. Oh and what Troll means, I think, is that a lot of things could happen between now and years end so marking a game the best of the year (that hasn't happened yet) is a bit hasty.

(Not that I disagree with the claim however, hur hur)

40/40. Well, could be worse. Mario am cry!

Troll is just very negative concerning everything Nintendo related. He is somewhat right though.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

fkusumot said:

40/40. Well, could be worse. Mario am cry!

well, 41/40 would indicate they have lost it. so efinitely worse.  

Troll_Monster said:
koopatrooper said:
GOTY!!!

Because from the looks of it  Sony and Microsoft lineups pail in comparison.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY