By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

Silver for GB, not too bad I suppose! Sooo close at the end though :/

But still, as in Beijing, we start off our Olympic campaign with a medal in the Women's Road Race!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I feel as though she could have won, if she had attacked first. Just a little too late, but still, a great medal for the Yorkshire lass!

Interesting stat there, but then again, it's also the longest! So it had a good shot at it I suppose...

In other news, Andy Murray is a set and a break up in his first match, managing one more set than in Beijing, where he went out in the first round 2-0.

I think it's time to say bad news to Oates, coming 4th in the Judo and agonisingly close to a shock medal :/

And for our US Basketball fans- The men are playing, and they're winning 66-45 over France, with 4mins left in the 3rd quarter.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Aapparently the men's road race was watched by the biggest crowd ever for any sporting event. 1m lined the route.

yes the media got it right then,lol but i can well believe it especially as wiggins and cavendish are very popular and after the TDf win,shame it didn't get to a sprint down the mall but that is sport

two breakaways win the road races then,doing it the hard way

Above & Beyond

Onto a couple of sports I haven't really mentioned today.

The Female British Gymnasts are trying to do the same as the Men, and are doing a fairly good job at it. Not quite good enough I fear, but a certain final in the Uneven Bars and Pommel Horse at least, it would seem. Still, 4th or 5th seems set at the moment...

...wait, they're 2nd! And what a cheer! USA win, though.

In the Sailing, Ben Ainsley finishes 2nd in his opening race, but there's plenty of time for that 4th Gold...

The US athelete Kin Rhode wins the Individual Skeet, making her the first US athelete to win 5 individual medals in 5 Olympics.

Water Polo and Handball are hard old events to get info. on, so I can only update you on the current event. Serbia lead Hungary 5-3 at the end of the first half in the Water Polo, and Sweden beat Tunisia in the Handball.

And a quick update on the Basketball- the US have extended their lead to 76-51. Anyone want info. on other sports (Canoe, Badminton, Volleyball+Beach, Equestrian), then ask!

So here's the lastest medals table, and at least Team GB make their mark! Can they get more later today in the pools? (Note I am unable to post it to the thread currently, but shall do so later):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

Key- China lead with 6 Gold, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze

US has 2 3 2, whilst Italy is third with 2 2 2. GB has only 1 medal, a silver.

Worst Olympics for Americans, everything live is at 3am-9am. Only going to watch a little this year. boo!!!

Sharapova is playing now. She served and it said '149' in the serve power box and I nearly had a heart attack. Then I remembered that the Olympics uses kmph rather than mph which is used in Wimbledon. Lulz