By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

Conegamer said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Arlington just won heat 3 of women's 400meter freestyle

Nice! Not Adlington then?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Adlington just about made the final. Phew!

Spurg- Sailing is a go-go!

And it looks like we could have a good night tonight in the swimming! And the rowing as well!

Oh, and congrats to Oates for winning his first match in the Judo!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
zuvuyeay said:
Conegamer said:
So, we arrive at day 2...

Team GB's real hopes for today are Nicole Cook (who won our first medal, Gold, last time), and Rebecca Adlington. There's others as well (obviously), but these are our two Gold hopes for today!

Also, notice the empty seats in some events? Well, the Olympic committee are looking at that, because it's apparently supposed to have every venue sold out...

really where does it say every event would be sold out,certainly not the football

Not the football, no, but all tickets for all events in everything bar football, hockey and Handball were sold out. I.E you couldn't buy a ticket for months, because they were all gone.

And they were complaining about the other countries for not helping, because you need to work together. I'd imagine you don't watch Road Cycling? You can't have 4 people carry the entire peloton all the way. If Germany or Australia (who each had a very strong sprinter) did some pacemaking, rather than leave it all on the Brits, they could have caught up the breakaway and had a bunch sprint. But they knew Cavendish would win, so it was all on Silver and Bronze. 

So the other countries were perfectly happy to let anyone else win, so long as it wasn't Cavendish taking part. That's what he was angry about, and rightly so.

i know plenty about sport thanks and it didn't stop other cyclists getting medals in the event so maybe they should have had different tactics aswell if they wanted to medal are you telling me that the whole world ganged up on britain just so we couldn't get a gold but other cyclists from other countries could

Above & Beyond

Anyone here looking forward to the mens 4X100m freestyle event ?

I know i am...i hope SA gets in the medals.. I dont think we have the means to take gold this year but a bronze is on the tables... perhaps!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

C'mon arbajarganstad!!! 3/3 chance to get a medal in the woman's race

Looks like Team GB are gonna get their first medal today!

And why u no support Armistad, the Brit, MBP?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

yeah it was absolutely smashing it down south where i am,looks like it has caught up to the olympics and some venues

Above & Beyond

Conegamer said:
Looks like Team GB are gonna get their first medal today!

And why u no support Armistad, the Brit, MBP?

I did, I just spelt her name wrong!

yep well done girl,the beeb can relax now

Above & Beyond