By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

it was a bit late in the end for the kids to enjoy wasn't it,i don't really understand that but heh it is hard to please everyone on these sort of occasions and it was enjoyable enough at least we had elgar and that orchestra,the athletes should come in much earlier for me,i think china blew it out of the water as a spectacle myself but i don't like getting political on these sort of occasions because what is the point and i'm english not british and just waiting for the split to happen

lets just enjoy the sport because that is what it's for,track and field is when the olympics gets going for me and what i really want to see

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
it was a bit late in the end for the kids to enjoy wasn't it,i don't really understand that but heh it is hard to please everyone on these sort of occasions and it was enjoyable enough at least we had elgar and that orchestra,the athletes should come in much earlier for me,i think china blew it out of the water as a spectacle myself but i don't like getting political on these sort of occasions because what is the point and i'm english not british and just waiting for the split to happen

lets just enjoy the sport because that is what it's for,track and field is when the olympics gets going for me and what i really want to see

I agree the most important thing is the sports (and at least there's no backlash like with the Beijing games), but it was so late so it was dark for those pixels in the crowds. If it was light, it wouldn't have shown up as well...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
zuvuyeay said:

I agree the most important thing is the sports (and at least there's no backlash like with the Beijing games), but it was so late so it was dark for those pixels in the crowds. If it was light, it wouldn't have shown up as well...

i guess and danny boyle wanted it at night but still too late for everyone to enjoy personally,i fell asleep myself and cannot be alone but it had 26.9m tv audience at peak the news said sso very impressive for the opening ceremony,nothing will beat that for a while to come

Above & Beyond

also about your prediction on medals,do you honestly think the uk would beat russia,china and the usa in an olympic medal table,beating the germans,france and the aussies will be difficult enough as the cylcing wont be our little secret this time

edit and brasil surely must be  a big team these days and india

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
also about your prediction on medals,do you honestly think the uk would beat russia,china and the usa in an olympic medal table,beating the germans,france and the aussies will be difficult enough as the cylcing wont be our little secret this time

No way they can beat China or the US, but they could, COULD, beat Russia. 

Around the Network

Cavendish is 6 minutes behind the leaders. I hope he can make up the lost ground in the next 3 hours!

man-bear-pig said:
Cavendish is 6 minutes behind the leaders. I hope he can make up the lost ground in the next 3 hours!

It's only 2 minutes now, I expect them to be caught within the hour...

Bad luck for Ashley McKenzie!

@conegamer, good!!

man-bear-pig said:
Bad luck for Ashley McKenzie!

@conegamer, good!!

Why, what's happened to her? I've been watching the cycling mostly, with parts of the swimming and rowing every now and again (lucky boy, Phelps...), so I'm kinda out of the loop for some of the lesser sports...

It's a male judo player lulz