By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

I thought the first part with the industrial revolution was fantastic and the part with the NHS and voldermort was great, but then I thought it went a bit downhill.. Enjoyed seeing the countries come out and mr bean was awesome as usual :D

Around the Network

Fantastic show.

LinkVPit said:
The Queen looks bored!!

I loled when the home/host national team ( Great Britain ) came out the queen was picking her nails.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I just watched the opening show. Not bad but the first time I don't instantly feel like watching certain parts over.

In summary
- Live action version of the beginning of Lotr
- Marry Poppins flying in, played by the queen (she did not look impressed)
- Deranged psych ward section inspired by Silent hill
- Rowin Atkinson putting on the years, still funny
- Chaotic and cheesy celebration of British music badly missing live performances
- Finally some professional dancers, the end

And as usual what always works, lots of children, children singing and lots of drums.
That digital model of London at the beginning was pretty amazing though. When can we have that in a flight sim :)

leatherhat said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
leatherhat said:
Conegamer said:
Hong Kong is a separate country still???

Jamaica soon. That'll have the second largest roar, to the UK...

Why Jamaica? 

Bolt?

I don't think one guy would trump America/Canada/Austraila and the cultural ties they have to England

Cultural ties? Have you ever visited London?

USA got one of the biggest cheers though.

The cheer for Jamaica was out of respect for a small country with a handful of people that took home more gold medals than countries with tens, hundreds of millions and even a billion people (and Bolt).

The British are not that narrow-minded to support countries strictly on cultural ties.

Great show, not as spectacular as the Chinese but London was never going to go that way.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
LinkVPit said:
The Queen looks bored!!

I loled when the home/host national team ( Great Britain ) came out the queen was picking her nails.

Haha. Me too. I thought Prince Phillip was sleeping for most of it!!

i loved that show! exactly like i was hoping for, not too much "hey we make the biggest show you ever saw just to have the biggest show not thinking about if it still is a nice show" shit and they implemented some nice stuff. i loved that metal worker stuff building the rings and the reference to uk's strenghts in telling/writing tales for children and obviously much music.

chinas ceremony was way too much "we have to show the world" stuff which always looks fake.

and damn those small isles always have so nice clothes walking in the stadium!

I can't believe they ACTUALLY forged and welded the rings right there. That introwas epic.

IamAwsome said:
I can't believe they ACTUALLY forged and welded the rings right there. That introwas epic.

That was a touch of class and the queen playing a part with Bond was brilliant.

justinian said:
IamAwsome said:

That was a touch of class and the queen playing a part with Bond was brilliant.

That was a unique intro, but like others said, her majesty looks bored, and she even looked kinda upset.