By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter is awesome!!

Tagged games:

Ihave been interested in Monster Hunter ever since Tri was released. I never got it though. How does it compare to Dragon's Dogma? I played the demo for Dragon's Dogma and had a blast. How does the gameplay compare?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
rubido said:
BoneArk said:
rubido said:
amp316 said:
BoneArk said:
rubido said:

I have recently begun playing monster hunter tri. Didn't know this series was so awesome! Wow!! Impressive game.

On a side note, I prefer the Wii controls to using the classic pro controller. The same thing happened with Xenoblade. Does anyone else prefer Wiimote+Nunchuk in these games to the classic/classic pro? Somehow I really like the way the wiimote+nunchuk feels.

If your interested on playing online, I willing to help u on raise your HR.

Name: KLASH, I have over 1500+ hours. Let me know.

Play with this guy.  He is a beast on this game.  I've played with him many, many times.

MH Tri is a great game.  It is so good that you don'y know how good it really is until you play it for at least 50 hours.

Shouldn't I finish the single player story first? I'm loving it thus far. Right now I'm at the final three star quest. I wouldn't want to be doing stupid things with a crappy armor while he's all equiped and ready for anything that comes.

I think u should finish the single player first, that's what I did before I went online. When u feel ready to get online let me know. 

Thanks for that. I do prefer to test myself on all these great beasts before I try out online.

You have to start from the beginning all over again online, so you don't really have to fight all monsters offline first.

rubido said:
amp316 said:
BoneArk said:
rubido said:

I have recently begun playing monster hunter tri. Didn't know this series was so awesome! Wow!! Impressive game.

On a side note, I prefer the Wii controls to using the classic pro controller. The same thing happened with Xenoblade. Does anyone else prefer Wiimote+Nunchuk in these games to the classic/classic pro? Somehow I really like the way the wiimote+nunchuk feels.

Play with this guy.  He is a beast on this game.  I've played with him many, many times.

MH Tri is a great game.  It is so good that you don'y know how good it really is until you play it for at least 50 hours.

Shouldn't I finish the single player story first? I'm loving it thus far. Right now I'm at the final three star quest. I wouldn't want to be doing stupid things with a crappy armor while he's all equiped and ready for anything that comes.

I would say that you should play the one player game for as long as you can before going online.  

I'll be honest, I went online to get a little bit better equipment in order to finish some of the late game quests.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

BoneArk said:
amp316 said:
BoneArk said:
rubido said:

Thanks amp for the praise. Maybe u should join and play online as well.

BTW: U seen my new avatar?

I would have to start over since I erased my old file because the game was taking up too much of my life at the time.  :(  It was the only way that I could get myself to stop playing.

Your avatar looks great, but I think that you guys lost a very important lineman.  The Bears should be awesome this year if there are no injuries.  The Packers are in trouble.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

I would have to start over since I erased my old file because the game was taking up too much of my life at the time.  :(  It was the only way that I could get myself to stop playing.

Comments like this one make me not want to play online. I had a huge Ultima Online addiction at some point that went for a few years and I don't want to get back into that type of addiction. It screws your life. 

Although I'm loving this game so far (last night I killed Barroth for the first time), this is also a game that gets me quite worried as it is VERY addictive.

Around the Network
rubido said:
amp316 said:

Comments like this one make me not want to play online. I had a huge Ultima Online addiction at some point that went for a few years and I don't want to get back into that type of addiction. It screws your life. 

Although I'm loving this game so far (last night I killed Barroth for the first time), this is also a game that gets me quite worried as it is VERY addictive.

It is. I haven't played this game for months and I still feel its pull. I know when I'm going to play it I'll be hooked again.

amp316 said:
BoneArk said:
amp316 said:
BoneArk said:
rubido said:

Thanks amp for the praise. Maybe u should join and play online as well.

BTW: U seen my new avatar?

Your avatar looks great, but I think that you guys lost a very important lineman.  The Bears should be awesome this year if there are no injuries.  The Packers are in trouble.

Yeah we did lose some good players,but, we're going to be fine b/c we always have guys who step it up.

BTW: The ESPN Power Rankings has the Texans at #6 and Bears at #11. I can't wait til week 10, Texans vs. Bears on Primetime. Your a good friend,but, on November 11th u will be my enemy.  

My opinion;
Single Player, multiplies the fun factor by 1.
Online multiplayer is somewhere around 20-50% more fun, so 1.2-1.5
Local multiplayer is more like 3X to 10X more fun, so a score of 3-10 depending on the players.

So in my opinion, if you like Tri, and don't have a PSP, if you have a group of people to play with, you're going to have an absolute blast with 3DS Monster Hunter in local multiplayer mode.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.