By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console will be no.1 this year?

What console will be no.1 this year?

3DS 165 38.11%

PS3 166 38.34%

X360 31 7.16%

Wii 4 0.92%

PSV 43 9.93%

WiiU 22 5.08%

Total:431

Times like this where we need TheSource back on the news team. He'd have had a detailed write up on how much the XL/ Mario combo would boost the 3DS in Japan.

BRING BACK SOURCE
BRING BACK SOURCE
BRING BACK SOURCE

Around the Network
chapset said:

well, while on this site is it so farfetch for people when someone use ''console'' to think they are talking about px3,360 and wii, it's funny how when the wii was killing everything consoles were ps360wii but as soon it's start selling like shit the ds and psp got include so the Ninty fans could scream Nintendomination in every sale threads

Lol, what? I don't know why you think that. When talking sales usually all consoles, be it HH or not, are thrown together. That's how we compare them. 

All the people getting mad because TrollWhisperer made an "oopsie" should just get over it. It's a sales thread for goodness sake!

Vita, of course.

4 ≈ One

NintendoPie said:
chapset said:

well, while on this site is it so farfetch for people when someone use ''console'' to think they are talking about px3,360 and wii, it's funny how when the wii was killing everything consoles were ps360wii but as soon it's start selling like shit the ds and psp got include so the Ninty fans could scream Nintendomination in every sale threads

Lol, what? I don't know why you think that. When talking sales usually all consoles, be it HH or not, are thrown together. That's how we compare them. 

All the people getting mad because TrollWhisperer made an "oopsie" should just get over it. It's a sales thread for goodness sake!

no one is mad, it's that phenom fella making a big deal because people claimed the ps3 would be the best selling consoles while the 3ds would win if you include handhelds

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
NintendoPie said:
chapset said:

no one is mad, it's that phenom fella making a big deal because people claimed the ps3 would be the best selling consoles while the 3ds would win if you include handhelds

There are a few people who have gotten grumpy over it.

But what the guy said still didn't make sense. xD

Around the Network

Unless something random happens its gonna be 3DS followed by PS3.

I'm surprised so many people voted PS3. Not many arguments for it though.

Last year, in any given week during holidays, the 3DS was outselling PS3 by about 50%. In August, PS3 had a cut to $250 and 3DS a huge cut to $169.

This year, there is no price cut for 3DS and there is a huge price cut to $179 for PS3. Both have remodels, 3DS also has Mario.

So the question is whether the PS3 remodel/ huge cut can erase that 50% advantage, considering 3DS has a remodel/Mario. I personally think PS3's remodel will have a bigger impact and this 2D Mario seems to be having less preorders and hype going for it.

The PS3 cut and casual games may also make the console more of a holiday console. So I'm pretty sure the gap will shrink precentage wise. However, I think a 50% gap is too much to completely erase. So they'll be closer, but 3DS will still win.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

xLeftyx said:
phenom08 said:
@xLeftyx yes PS3 will take it home console wise, next year the PS3 will have some real competition.

What competition are you referring to? Wii U? Yes, there will competition once it releases. However, Wii U's impact is still questionable at this point in time. From how it's going, it'll divide the so-called "hardcore" market that already exists. At best, only a fraction combined will be early adopters.

Either way, however Nintendo's approach with how they market the console will be the deciding factor.

Just like the Wii's impact was questionable before it released and look how that turned out. You realize the 3DS sold nearly as well with less months on the market. Stop making the PS3 sound unstoppable. It can be beat easily. It will sell even less next year. I guess you expext another price cut and remodel lol, the PS3 must have an unlimited amount of those right? and remind me how has the PS3 done against previous 2d Mario games. I guess we will see next month.

chapset said:
NintendoPie said:
chapset said:

No you are mad, no one did this when the Wii was kicking ass and the DS still continued to sell more. it nothing but butthurt you want victory so bad for the PS3. Like i said the OP asked for a winner not a loser. End of the discussion. ONLY one should be mentioned plain and simple. Why not just mention the PS3, you dont do that because you know it wont be first.

NintendoPie said:
chapset said:
NintendoPie said:
chapset said:

There are a few people who have gotten grumpy over it.

But what the guy said still didn't make sense. xD

Maybe you should try reading the OP, then it would make sense. It said name one console but certain posters cant live with an handheld being no. 1, some even think they have an unfair advantage.