By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Impressions: Trine 2: Director's Cut

lilbroex said:
Heavenly_King said:
pezus said:
Now do a PC vs. Wii U shot and let's see if that has anything to do with power.

this

The Wii U version still looks better. The PC version is just the 360/PS3 with the addition of PC GPU enhancements like extra aliasing and what not. The Wii U version has actually been graphically upgraded beyond the original. Until the Director's Cut comes out on the PC, the Wii U version will be the best looking one.

Yeah, it looks better, but it has nothing to do with the power of the hardware.  They just are having more time to work on a game already completed  when developing the WiiU version. They are tweaking, and adding more stuff.  This could be easily ported to the 360 or PS3 and would look almost the same, with some differences in lighting and AA just like any other multiplatform game behaves in different consoles.

This game is the same case as the PS3 Elder Scrolls: Oblivion version it looked better than the original 360 release, but it does not meant that the 360 could not do those graphics, you know.

I know that this thread is just to show that it looks better than the PS360/PC version, but that can be interpretated by most people as the WiiU being more powerful (which can or can not be the case, since we dont have official specs).   I just wanted to point that.

Around the Network

I just want to know if its compatible with playing only the GamePad screen. E3 worried me a little bit about that feature, because it looked like a lot of the games were curiously missing it outside of NSMBU. I had previously thought it would be a no-brainer for all the games.

pezus said:
lilbroex said:
Heavenly_King said:
pezus said:
Now do a PC vs. Wii U shot and let's see if that has anything to do with power.

this

The Wii U version still looks better. The PC version is just the 360/PS3 with the addition of PC GPU enhancements like extra aliasing and what not. The Wii U version has actually been graphically upgraded beyond the original. Until the Director's Cut comes out on the PC, the Wii U version will be the best looking one.

Though, I always find it interesting the way fans of Sony and Microsoft will go to any length to deny gains made by Nintendo.

That was my point...

Do we know if they could have accomplished this on PS3/360? Don't think they could have, but at least they could have made it a lot closer if they wanted to.

I could say the same thing about your defensiveness of all things Nintendo

There is no such thing. Simply correcting misconeptions does not make one defensive. There is nothing much to defend, but people insist on making issues out of thing with NIntendo where there are none and ingoring entire caches of infromation in favor of negative ones.

The 360 and PS3 version were both pushed as far as they could go graphically and physically. You cann't squeeze a brick through a straw. The resources were simply not there. Shader Modal 3.0 and 512 MB of RAM has its limits.

hey i just realized the pictures in op are just pictures from the pc version. if you look as example at the ps3 comparion pic, it is the same area but with other graphics and the characters are on another position. on my pc pic i posted few posts earlier, characters are exactly at the same position. same with the other pictures like:

wii u picture from op

pc

crissindahouse said:

hey i just realized the pictures in op are just pictures from the pc version. if you look as example at the ps3 comparion pic, it is the same area but with other graphics and the characters are on another position. on my pc pic i posted few posts earlier, characters are exactly at the same position. same with the other pictures like:

wii u picture from op

pc

I see. Those aren't Wii U screenshots. They are just lower res PC pictures. It would be near impossible to capture the exact scenes like that over and over again and then the fact that there is no aliasing. This is lazyiness on the devs part.

We already know that the Wii U version will be higher res than those screen shots and that it will have improved gemoetry over the original as well as entire new areas(this was stated by the devs). There is no improved geometry in any of those pictures if it looks exactly like the PC version. This is kind of odd.

We would have to find a new area screen shot to actually see the Wii U version and I don't think there are any. This reminds me of when they scaled down pics of Black Ops for the 360 and passed them off as the Wii version.

Around the Network

i'm pretty sure that wii u version will look better than ps3 and 360 version and i see no reason why it shouldn't get the pc graphics (but not with same ssaa possibilities) and maybe even in 1080p but yeah, as long as there aren't those pictures we shouldn't compare wii u pictures which aren't wii u pictures with ps 3 pictures and you shouldn't say wii u version looks better than pc version and that the pc version is only the ps 3 version with better aliasing and lighting when the picture you posted to show new graphics compared to ps3 version is the pc version

i would say wii you will get the pc version with different controls and additional content but not better graphics than pc version.

i surely hope wii u version will get even better graphics but i don't believe they will change the graphics one more time to get even more details in the areas.