By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Impressions: Trine 2: Director's Cut

The review sounds promising and the pic looks astounding, if the price is right day 1 for me!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
c03n3nj0 said:
I have Trine, but never played Trine 2.

Looks like it's an easy buy if I get a WiiU!

I played because it was free for PSN Plus users.... the first game is better.

Then you will certainly enjoy playing it again while everyone else is playing the enhanced version of the second one.

lilbroex said:
ethomaz said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Then you will certainly enjoy playing it again while everyone else is playing the enhanced version of the second one.

Like I said no... I loved the first game and it is better so I didn't enjoyed Trine 2.

I wish the platforming in this game was better.  I think playing it right after Rayman Origins probably hurt my impressions of it.

Here's a link to the source:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/first_impressions_trine_2_directors_cut

They have 14 screenshots, some of which look much better than the ones posted here.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
lilbroex said:
ethomaz said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Like I said no... I loved the first game and it is better so I didn't enjoyed Trine 2.

I was talking about you playing the "first one" again not the second one.  Everyone else will have moved on.

pezus said:
Now do a PC vs. Wii U shot and let's see if that has anything to do with power.

this

Heavenly_King said:
pezus said:
Now do a PC vs. Wii U shot and let's see if that has anything to do with power.

this

The Wii U version still looks better at the moment. The PC version is just the 360/PS3 with the addition of PC GPU enhancements like extra aliasing, higher resolutions and what not. The Wii U version has actually been graphically upgraded beyond the original. Until the Director's Cut comes out on the PC, the Wii U version will be the best looking one.

Though, I always find it interesting the way fans of Sony and Microsoft will go to any length to deny gains made by Nintendo.

whoah! those pictures look great! the wii u version is definitely the best one!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

i bought trine 1 and 2 a few days ago on steam. i'm really looking forward to play both in some weeks after i finished some other stuff and i'm excited to see the wonderful graphics. the wii u version seems to be almost the pc version graphically (not talking about other additional things wii u version has). but to be sure i would have to have the wii u pics in better resolution because resolution in op is too low to compare it with this pc pic

wii u