By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 models 16GB, 250GB, and 500GB plus rumored prices!

leo-j said:
homer said:
leo-j said:
besides.. a 16gb HDD would kill off any reason to purchase playstation plus.. which is going to be a big source of revenue for sony..

Well they released a 20 gb model once...perhaps the people they are targeting with this aren't likely to buy plus anyways?

well they didn't really offer much in terms of digital content at the time.. a lot of people thought 20gb was enough, and that the 60gb model would last for years upon years.. I have a 120gb ps3 and I struggle to keep content on the HDD..

I still don't see why any casual consumer would be interested in the ps3's online content now either. I don't think they would very much care about anyone's online content. Aside from netflix and a few game installs, 16 gb should be satisfactory. I guess the only reason Sony increased hard drive size in the first place was to increase the perceived value of the ps3 in a cheap way.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Well not every consumer is a retard.. who doesn't care about what they buy.. and most ps3's are connected to psn according to sony..

mM

Lol I love how a PS3 without an Harddrive is an great idea but the WiiU without an harddrive is horrible.

phenom08 said:
Lol I love how a PS3 without an Harddrive is an great idea but the WiiU without an harddrive is horrible.

Not to be that guy, but PS3 has cloud and wiiU doesn't.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, still should have a hard drive, but don't act like the two are comparable. One is making a big point of cloud computing and another is almost against the idea and doesn't even have a platform with with to even begin thinking about.

phenom08 said:

It's more about the option and benefit of having one. I'm not saying I had any part it downplaying the Wii(U) and especially not on HDD but having one is a nice feature. Even better that there would be an option to not have one at a cheaper price point.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Edit. I thought he said Wii.

phenom08 said:

Big difference here. With these PS3s it is optional.

16GB 179
250GB 229
500GB 299

Seems pretty good actually! Wonder if people will actually respond to the new models and lowered price, because it's a bit late in the generation to be bringing out a new model, especially when your rival is releasing a new console at around the same time...

This would have, and should have, happened last year. The effect would have been much bigger than now, similar to the Wii price cut.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Andrespetmonkey said:
phenom08 said:

Big difference here. With these PS3s it is optional.

Surely since you can buy a HDD which works with the WiiU for the same price, it's the same?

I'm not saying it's a good idea. But it's an idea. And a lot of people who would be getting the PS3 now are likely gonna be people who are uninterested in 'hardcore' gaming, and, as such, won't care about the lack of space. Same with the WiiU. 

Though, after all that rambling, they should release a WiiU with a 150GB HDD, let's say, for £30 more. But that's another thread.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.