By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - RT + Guide to Flowmotion with Jessica Chobot

Tagged games:

Sweet cannot wait, i have the collectors edition pre ordered. BBS was my favorite KHS yet.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Soriku said:

"Beat and his '90s white rapper style speech is particularly unbearable."

Bitch, please. Beat's speech is awesome.

"The combat is shallow and repetitive, with a still incompetent camera."

Bitch, please. The combat is awesome and outside of the camera not being zoomed out a little like in KH2 (not really sure why they've changed the camera to KH1 style/focused on the character you're controlling) the camera controls are completely fine.

oniyide said:
sperrico87 said:

Have to admit, I didn't want to give this game a chance. I figured it would be a rehash of gameplay from I & II with recycled worlds. I believe I may have had a change of heart, and may actually get this one eventually.

Gotta say though... won't be doing it on the regular 3DS. Screen is a way too small for an epic RPG. I'll hold off until I pick up an XL.

I was thinking the same thing about BBS, IMHO NO portable is enough for these games, XL or otherwise. Thank goodness PSP had component cables. 

OT, i would have been perfectly happy if it was just as good as BBS, but if it is indeed better, im in for a treat( the demo didnt give me the impression it was better).  Good thing they delayed Last Story i wasnt sure which one to get, ah hell i would have probably gotten this game anyway

I kinda agree. I wish more handhelds let you play on a TV screen and since I think PS2 games look fine on my HDTV I bet this game would look fine too. Though I feel that the 3DS XL does a pretty good job of being an alternative to the big screen while still having games be contained on a handheld.

XL is still a poor substitute for having a straight up big screen TV to play around with IMHO. BUt to each his own. Im skipping XL because i just got my 3ds and i actually like the size of it, I want my portables to be portable

The way I am with portables, it all comes down to if there's a game on one that I really, really want to play.  Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion are getting full sequels on 3DS, so I have to buy a 3DS in order to play those two games.  It's not really a choice between portability or a home console and sitting on the couch. 

sperrico87 said:
oniyide said:
Soriku said:

Bitch, please. The combat is awesome and outside of the camera not being zoomed out a little like in KH2 (not really sure why they've changed the camera to KH1 style/focused on the character you're controlling) the camera controls are completely fine.

oniyide said:
sperrico87 said:

Have to admit, I didn't want to give this game a chance. I figured it would be a rehash of gameplay from I & II with recycled worlds. I believe I may have had a change of heart, and may actually get this one eventually.

Gotta say though... won't be doing it on the regular 3DS. Screen is a way too small for an epic RPG. I'll hold off until I pick up an XL.

I was thinking the same thing about BBS, IMHO NO portable is enough for these games, XL or otherwise. Thank goodness PSP had component cables. 

OT, i would have been perfectly happy if it was just as good as BBS, but if it is indeed better, im in for a treat( the demo didnt give me the impression it was better).  Good thing they delayed Last Story i wasnt sure which one to get, ah hell i would have probably gotten this game anyway

I kinda agree. I wish more handhelds let you play on a TV screen and since I think PS2 games look fine on my HDTV I bet this game would look fine too. Though I feel that the 3DS XL does a pretty good job of being an alternative to the big screen while still having games be contained on a handheld.

XL is still a poor substitute for having a straight up big screen TV to play around with IMHO. BUt to each his own. Im skipping XL because i just got my 3ds and i actually like the size of it, I want my portables to be portable

The way I am with portables, it all comes down to if there's a game on one that I really, really want to play.  Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion are getting full sequels on 3DS, so I have to buy a 3DS in order to play those two games.  It's not really a choice between portability or a home console and sitting on the couch. 

you dont have to tell me that. Ive had my 3DS and Vita for months

Soriku said:

Ok, I know this review is super silly, but surely you can't defend KH's awful camera. It's pretty much a problem that has existed for each title and it being on a smaller screen certainly doesn't help.

And I have no idea who Beat is, but I probably won't like him.

EDIT: just googled him. Yep, looks like a giant douchebag.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:

Ok, I know this review is super silly, but surely you can't defend KH's awful camera. It's pretty much a problem that has existed for each title and it being on a smaller screen certainly doesn't help.

And I have no idea who Beat is, but I probably won't like him.

EDIT: just googled him. Yep, looks like a giant douchebag.

KH1 didn't have a good camera but KH2's camera was good. What was your problem with that? I've played the DDD demo a lot and haven't had a problem with it at all despite the smaller screen. It'd have been better if it was a little more zoomed out like KH2 but it's OK. The Y-axis controls you have to hold L + R for and then move the stick, but you don't even need to use it and the camera resets to the default position once you're done. Don't know how it'd be with the CCP.

Beat is a good character. Play TWEWY before you judge (surprised you haven't).

I have played TWEWY. I actually stopped playing right as he was introduced. After beating Joshua's story (second partner?), I got bored with it and stopped playing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Mgic Game in Magic handheld

I see alot of people liked BBS. I thought it was painful to grind the levels with 3 characters through the same worlds to what is basically the same story with a little bit more at the end each time.

I think the best portable one is 358/2 days as it had a surprising storyline and revealed the personality of several more obscure Organization XIII characters.

With that said, im looking forward to 3D. Had it pre-ordered for over 2 months now.

3 new reviews in:

Eurogamer 80
CVG: 72
INdependent UK: 100

Nice!
Another one of the big ones gave their score and it was positive.

spurgeonryan said:
CANNOT TELL IF Snesboy is happy or annoyed with his post.

Also will not edit the caps. On my phone.

What did you all think of the demo? It did not make a Kingdom Hearts newb like myself want to buy it.

I felt the demo was lacking as well, which is surprising since the combat is identical to Birth By Sleep, which had very good combat.  I think it was just the combination of magic they gave you to use, it wasn't good.  I say give it a go, it looks good, will play well enough when you get the right skills, and I'm sure the stories will keep you interested.  I'm going to personally hold off on it.  Partly for not having a job/money, partly me being exhausted from Birth By Sleep (Played the game on super proud mode, and well, I had to grind a lot for all 3 characters).

Nem said:

I see alot of people liked BBS. I thought it was painful to grind the levels with 3 characters through the same worlds to what is basically the same story with a little bit more at the end each time.

I think the best portable one is 358/2 days as it had a surprising storyline and revealed the personality of several more obscure Organization XIII characters.

With that said, im looking forward to 3D. Had it pre-ordered for over 2 months now.

Man, you must be in the minority. I agree that playing through 3 characters could be a drag, but how was that worst than 358 days, at least the worlds in BBS were original. There was not one new place in 358 days besides the O13 HQ and that was a hub world. I actually enjoyed the battle system in BBS way more than any other KH released, so i had no qualms about playing through it 3-4 times. 358 days felt like a watered down KH2 in that department. the visuals are better there is not debate there. THe camera I found to be worst in 358 days(I hate using touch screen for camera control). BBS was faster paced. Story is subjective, i liked BBS better as I found it answered more questions and showed the origin of O13