By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - RT + Guide to Flowmotion with Jessica Chobot

Tagged games:

oniyide said:
Nem said:

I see alot of people liked BBS. I thought it was painful to grind the levels with 3 characters through the same worlds to what is basically the same story with a little bit more at the end each time.

I think the best portable one is 358/2 days as it had a surprising storyline and revealed the personality of several more obscure Organization XIII characters.

With that said, im looking forward to 3D. Had it pre-ordered for over 2 months now.

Man, you must be in the minority. I agree that playing through 3 characters could be a drag, but how was that worst than 358 days, at least the worlds in BBS were original. There was not one new place in 358 days besides the O13 HQ and that was a hub world. I actually enjoyed the battle system in BBS way more than any other KH released, so i had no qualms about playing through it 3-4 times. 358 days felt like a watered down KH2 in that department. the visuals are better there is not debate there. THe camera I found to be worst in 358 days(I hate using touch screen for camera control). BBS was faster paced. Story is subjective, i liked BBS better as I found it answered more questions and showed the origin of O13

I guess what stays with me is the characters and storyline, and in that regard i was more surprised by the events on days and the reveal of that always iluside KH1 secret video. BBS had the same cut-scenes x3 during the game wich actually ended up with fewer conversations and a storyline and characters not very well fleshed out. For example, we never really know why Terra wanted power so much, we can only assume.

I disagree that BBS really gave more answers, though for sure ir presented a set of events that lead to the series events. It just really sets the new villain, but for example O13, it just showed some of the members when they were younger, it didnt really reveal what happened to them that lead them to leave a nobody that would later be part of O13.

Not saying it was a bad game, but while past Kingdom hearts games were a joy to play from beggining to end, BBS just felt like a huge grind to unveil a couple more cut-scenes at the end.

Around the Network

N-Gamer: 72 %, dissapointing.

It's a respected dutch Nintendo magazine. I haven't read the interview but I got the score from the internet. I'll try to buy a magazine one of next days.

Nem said:
oniyide said:
Nem said:

I see alot of people liked BBS. I thought it was painful to grind the levels with 3 characters through the same worlds to what is basically the same story with a little bit more at the end each time.

I think the best portable one is 358/2 days as it had a surprising storyline and revealed the personality of several more obscure Organization XIII characters.

With that said, im looking forward to 3D. Had it pre-ordered for over 2 months now.

Man, you must be in the minority. I agree that playing through 3 characters could be a drag, but how was that worst than 358 days, at least the worlds in BBS were original. There was not one new place in 358 days besides the O13 HQ and that was a hub world. I actually enjoyed the battle system in BBS way more than any other KH released, so i had no qualms about playing through it 3-4 times. 358 days felt like a watered down KH2 in that department. the visuals are better there is not debate there. THe camera I found to be worst in 358 days(I hate using touch screen for camera control). BBS was faster paced. Story is subjective, i liked BBS better as I found it answered more questions and showed the origin of O13

I guess what stays with me is the characters and storyline, and in that regard i was more surprised by the events on days and the reveal of that always iluside KH1 secret video. BBS had the same cut-scenes x3 during the game wich actually ended up with fewer conversations and a storyline and characters not very well fleshed out. For example, we never really know why Terra wanted power so much, we can only assume.

I disagree that BBS really gave more answers, though for sure ir presented a set of events that lead to the series events. It just really sets the new villain, but for example O13, it just showed some of the members when they were younger, it didnt really reveal what happened to them that lead them to leave a nobody that would later be part of O13.

Not saying it was a bad game, but while past Kingdom hearts games were a joy to play from beggining to end, BBS just felt like a huge grind to unveil a couple more cut-scenes at the end.

fair enough, but iMHO i didnt feel like 358days gave us that much answers either. not much info on the actually group either. it felt like a sidestory. I liked it, but then again i was never a big Roxas fan, but love Aqua, was a fan of her design since i first saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3lHEJTzmKE
The unboxing of the mark of mastery edition, SO glad that I preordered

I've gotta say, I've never been really interested in Kingdom Hearts before, but this looks intriguing, I may have to pick it up.

Around the Network

4player.de gave the game an 85! Another nice score

Plus, as promised on the title unboxing of the MME edition, look gorgeous. The girl's not too shabby too!

Launch trailer... so freaking gorgeous! I... dusted off my PS2 and started playing the first kingdom hearts yesterday in antecipation for this, I don't think  I'll finish it (still in Wonderland) but... my body is becoming ready.

VicViper said:

Launch trailer... so freaking gorgeous! I... dusted off my PS2 and started playing the first kingdom hearts yesterday in antecipation for this, I don't think  I'll finish it (still in Wonderland) but... my body is becoming ready.

everytime I listen to that song I like KH a little bit more. I think that I actually beat kh 358/2 because of the op song!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

IGN hottie Jessica Chobot's guide to flowmotion

This game is looking so good! Too bad I won't play it until september, after the XL launch. Well, gives me time to finish at least the first two games again - halfway through the first

Wow, that is a lot of button mashing during flow motion; and wow again at reality shift. This is starting to be the best in the series, and that says a lot because I love Kingdom Hearts 1.