By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

CGI-Quality said:
farlaff said:
CGI-Quality said:
farlaff said:
CGI-Quality said:

You should have stronger God rays and, overall, more natural looking lighting. It should also change your loading screens a bit. If they've changed, the install worked.

Nice, thanks a lot! So that screenshot I posted IS moded.

What other cool mods would you recommend to me? And should I uninstall the Natural one for the others?

Start here

And here

+ here

If you want my preference, I'd go with the Extreme Immersive Mod and when prompted, use RealLifeSis as the ToD. Make sure you grab the rock, tree, and HD grass mods from the first link, and then go here for the high-res foliage final.pak file. TRUST me, makes a huge difference! When you've done that, then I'll lead you to Rygel's texture pack. Just get those first (Extreme Immersive + rock, grass, foliage, tree mods), though.

Also, I'm assuming you're working with somewhat of beefy rig?

No, not a very beefy rig. It is a I7 @ 3.4, 8 gigs notebook, but the GPU is only a 2 gigs 7730 HD. What do you think?

You should still be OK. At worst, you may have to reduce Crysis to High instead of running Very High, but that'd be about it.

Great! Thanks for all the nice info. I'll get back to you once I get the time to try those.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
farlaff said:
CGI-Quality said:
farlaff said:

No, not a very beefy rig. It is a I7 @ 3.4, 8 gigs notebook, but the GPU is only a 2 gigs 7730 HD. What do you think?

You should still be OK. At worst, you may have to reduce Crysis to High instead of running Very High, but that'd be about it.

Great! Thanks for all the nice info. I'll get back to you once I get the time to try those.

You bet! Keep in touch!

Hi, CGI! Sorry to bother you. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Natural Mod just to see how the game would be. I have not installed (just like I had not the first time) the TOD files and I would like to know what they are, what they do and what difference would it make to have them. Thanks again.

just tagging lol :)

CGI-Quality said:

The ToD files are Time of Day. They change the positioning of the sun and the effects of ligthing on the environment. Have you installed BlackFire's mod or The Extreme Immersive Mod?

Cool, thanks. I have not had the time to install them but will as soon as possible. BTW, I noticed that the Natural Mod made for some horrible night time during the part you land close to the Korean bases, right after fighting the NanoSuit enemies. The images got kinda granulated. It is better during daytime though.

CGI-Quality said:

The ToD files are Time of Day. They change the positioning of the sun and the effects of ligthing on the environment. Have you installed BlackFire's mod or The Extreme Immersive Mod?

Cool, thanks. I have not had the time to install them but will as soon as possible. BTW, I noticed that the Natural Mod made for some horrible night time during the part you land close to the Korean bases, right after fighting the NanoSuit enemies. The images got kinda granulated. It is better during daytime though.

Around the Network

Sorry for the double post, but VGChartz seems to be on a bad day.

Started playing some Skyrim again. Yeah, so shoot me.

Big difference from my last screenshots. Went with a clean reinstall and tweaks some settings around and must say that I am proud of what my laptop pumped out.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:

Battlefield 4:

Awesome! I seriously didn't know the game is already out. Thought it will release in 2 weeks or so lol.

How would you compare it with Metro: last Light and Crysis 3 without mods and with Crysis 3 and some mods (since i don't own Crysis 3 i have not even a clue about mods for it)?

Can't wait to see games on PC when there won't be PS360 versions for them anymore.

CGI-Quality said:

I'd put it a tad above Crysis 3 and a tad below Last Light (texture quality far below, in fact)! The latter's tech is so pronounced, not even the almighty Battlefield can completely top it! I knew it back in May, most games will have trouble topping what 4A Games accomplished with Last Light! Never before has Advanced PhysX, SSAO, and tessellation come together in such an unprecedented way! Best graphics of 2013 (for me, overall, out of any game period), for sure! Last chance to top it is with Killzone: ShadowFall or Ryse: Son of Rome, and those are as slim as it gets!

I think the only real "problem" Metro has are the faces of the characters. They show that the team doesn't have so much money for some stuff. If only Quantic Dream would lend them their equipment

Some screenshots from Cities in motion 2 from the map I've been working on. A replica of the town I live in.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192246458

Kinda puts the new sim city to shame imo. Although the traffic is just as braindead.