By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

trasharmdsister12 said:
zarx said:

I don't think that a texture mod would be possible for RAGE due to how the megatextures work. You would literally have to edit textures for every inch of the game world which would be a huge undertaking, even if it was possible. I kinda hope that Doom 4 doesn't use the system TBH, tho it probably will.

Apparently the source textures that the artists originally created for the maps rings in at around 1 TB of storage. They took that and compressed the crap out of it down to a few dozen GB, which is why the textures look so poor up close. Carmack did talk about possibly releasing 50 GB, 100 GB and 200 GB versions of the textures at some point but at this time I doubt they'll do anything considering even the DLC menu option in the game was never used.

He later said that there was very little visual difference and was not woth releasing. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

zarx said:

He later said that there was very little visual difference and was not woth releasing.

Fair enough. Yeah, I don't think there'd be much difference between 90% compressed (100 GB) and 97.5% compressed (25 GB) textures. It's still a huge compression ratio.

he also said it would have a heavy performance hit as well and onlt the highest of high end systems could maintain 60fps with it, and popin would be worse as well. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Kantor said:
I've never posted in here :-O

Well, here are some Dishonored screenshots which I will leave in this imgur album because I am not invidually embedding all of them >_>

http://imgur.com/a/iF8qb#0

The more I see of this game, the more I can't wait to play it. I bought it two weeks ago.....

I am the Playstation Avenger.

A couple of Borderlands 2 loot pics

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Problem with that crysis mod is that the contrast looks way to high for my personal taste so it ruins it for me. Saying that i have never used that crysis mod so it might just looks better when you see it in person.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Although I haven't played that much on my PC lately (mostly due to Pokemon Black 2), I've done some extensive modifications on Skyrim, mostly around the newest ENB settings and mix them and match them until I finally found a setup I enjoyed, without too much FPS hit. 

Here are the pics from the setup (other mods also included, not only ENB):

These are some of my favourites from the hundreds I've taken since I'm running this newest setup .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

These are some of my favourites from the hundreds I've taken since I'm running this newest setup .

What's this set-up? Details please! 

It's easier if I just show you a print screen of my Nexus Mod Manager setup, since there are quite a lot of mods there: 

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Lestatdark/skyrimmods1.png and http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Lestatdark/skyrimmods2.png.

As you can see, there are a lot of mods that I've not checked on those lists, mostly because they're either not of my taste or because they cause some minor conflicts. 

Edit - The Sharpshooter Extreme Graphic Vision ENB (which appears unchecked on that list because I did some manual installing on it) is part of the one i'm currently using, but with customizations made by myself to the enbseries.ini configuration file. Mostly fiddled around the Sky Lightning, Ambient Lightning, SSAO + SSIL and Bokeh Depth of Field, using various configurations from different ENB versions and setups, to obtain the best performance - graphical quality possible. 

If anyone's interested, i'm using the root ENB V0.102 Tatsudoshi enbseries.ini core file, with the added paramenters from ENBV0.109 for the aformentioned effects, the enbbloom.fx and enbeffectprepass.fx setup from Sharpshooter ENB and the enbeffect.fx from ENB V0.117. Just make sure you put the enbseries.ini file as READ ONLY once you made the configuration that you want, otherwise the game will overwrite it to the most current ENB setting that you use (ENB V0.117 in my case) and you'll lose all the configurations that you've made.

@trasharmdsister12 

My current character is an Bow-Assasin Female Khajit. Unfortunately, due to some..."mods"..., any unarmoured pic that I take with her, will only result in categorizing this thread as NSFW .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

What's this set-up? Details please! 

It's easier if I just show you a print screen of my Nexus Mod Manager setup, since there are quite a lot of mods there: 

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Lestatdark/skyrimmods1.png and http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Lestatdark/skyrimmods2.png.

As you can see, there are a lot of mods that I've not checked on those lists, mostly because they're either not of my taste or because they cause some minor conflicts. 

I use the NMM for Oblivion, and had some conflicts myself. Weather and texture mods being the biggest culprits (even though they are some of the best ones)!

Those are always the biggest conflict-makers in any Bethesda game, since they overwrite a large amount of files that the original .BSA game files contain. I'm currently running Realistic Lightning and W.A.T.E.R to get the best Climate and Water based mods possible, which have the least amount of conflicts possible.

There's a better climate mode; Project Climates of Tamriel, but it conflicts with almost all ENB setups and has some weird lightning in a couple of places, plus it drops your FPS significantly. 

As for texture mods, the only one you'll ever need for Skyrim is Skyrim 2K HD. It's the best, by far, texture enhancement mod, miles above any of the competition, including the official HD DLC pack released by Bethesda. I'm using the Lite version (1024x1024 textures) to avoid some FPS hiccups in large areas like Solitude or Markarth, but if you have a 2 GB VRAM GPU, you can easily use the Full version (2048x2048 textures). 

Even the Lite version is good enough as it is, since it's already 4x the original texture resolution (256x256) and 2x the HD DLC pack resolution (512x512).

Current PC Build

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:

I use the NMM for Oblivion, and had some conflicts myself. Weather and texture mods being the biggest culprits (even though they are some of the best ones)!

Those are always the biggest conflict-makers in any Bethesda game, since they overwrite a large amount of files that the original .BSA game files contain. I'm currently running Realistic Lightning and W.A.T.E.R to get the best Climate and Water based mods possible, which have the least amount of conflicts possible.

There's a better climate mode; Project Climates of Tamriel, but it conflicts with almost all ENB setups and has some weird lightning in a couple of places, plus it drops your FPS significantly. 

As for texture mods, the only one you'll ever need for Skyrim is Skyrim 2K HD. It's the best, by far, texture enhancement mod, miles above any of the competition, including the official HD DLC pack released by Bethesda. I'm using the Lite version (1024x1024 textures) to avoid some FPS hiccups in large areas like Solitude or Markarth, but if you have a 2 GB VRAM GPU, you can easily use the Full version (2048x2048 textures). 

Even the Lite version is good enough as it is, since it's already 4x the original texture resolution (256x256) and 2x the HD DLC pack resolution (512x512).

I'm running a 690, so I'll use the (2048x2048 textures.)

With that GPU, you can probably run this configuration at a stable 60 FPS . Just be sure to use a FPS limiter, otherwise you'll suffer from the 62Hz bug (a large amount of stuttering happens at 60 FPS or above in Skyrim once you deploy a large amount of graphical and effect mods). Also, by setting the FPS limiter to 35, you can cut loading times in half. 

Don't ask me why that happens, I found that recommendation on The Nexus, it works and no one ever explained why .

Current PC Build