By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - VGChartz PC Deals Thread - Guild Wars 2 $10 US this weekend (75% off)

Soooo....
Sonic Generations worth it?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
oh that Anno 2070 deal looks delicious ,although I don't have any time for more games .. but it's anno ... hmm

what is anno? is it like a sim city type game? it has caught my eye but i am unsure about it

man. was hoping to catch rage for a deal. looks like it didn't win the vote

BasilZero said:

Btw tempted to get Binding of Issac, but....1.24...yet dont know....

GET IT!

It's great and it's really cheap, get the DLC as well it's only $0.75 and adds a bunch of stuff

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

thranx said:
Lafiel said:
oh that Anno 2070 deal looks delicious ,although I don't have any time for more games .. but it's anno ... hmm

what is anno? is it like a sim city type game? it has caught my eye but i am unsure about it

Yea it's similar, but in sim city you mostly provide infrastructure while in Anno you have to provide for the various goods the population demands aswell. The more demands you can satisfy the more taxes you receive and the higher the status of your population will become, which unlocks new buildings, units and new goods.

Unlike Sim City there also is the possibility to wage war with other civilizations, but that is very very costly so it's mostly an endgame feature, especially beccause the more goods you need the more islands on the map you need to produce/mine them, which ofcourse leads to conflict with the AI players (afaik 2070 has an online/multiplayer mode, but a single game could easily reach 30-50h in the predecessor 1404, so you would need some good friends to play it in that mode).

I would say Anno is a more complex game than Sim City, but also a bit more rewarding one.

Around the Network
thranx said:
man. was hoping to catch rage for a deal. looks like it didn't win the vote

For what it's worth my friend hated Rage and he was as close to as an ID Fanboy as I know. 

If I wouldn't of bought him TF2 he'd probably still be playing Wolfenstein: enemy territory every day.

Does anyone here have Sim City 3? How well does it run on the PC?

zero129 said:

DAAAAMNNN!!! i wanted fear 3 to win the players choice :( .
Anyway so far i have Alan Wake collection €8.99(Includes Alan Wake CE+ Alan Wake:AN) and the Tribes Ascent starter pack €4.74(adds 3 extra classes, and other stuff but im still not so if i should buy it?) in my basket.

I wanted Metro 2033 to win, but that was definitely the closest voting results yet. 

If I were you, I'd save the money for more games. Another game is better than dlc imo, unless you are crazy about the game I suppose.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

New voting poll is up. Q.u.b.e., Super Meat Boy, or PvZ.
I already have Plants vs Zombies, so I think I'm gonna vote for Super Meat Boy.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
New voting poll is up. Q.u.b.e., Super Meat Boy, or PvZ.
I already have Plants vs Zombies, so I think I'm gonna vote for Super Meat Boy.

I have everything but Q.U.B.E.  That said i'll prolly vot for PVZ or Meat anyway.