By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HIPHOPGAMER Claims Infamous 3 and Uncharted 4 are in dev........for PS3.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Persistantthug said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ps3? infamous 3 maybe..but UC4? nah

Why not?

It just makes way more sense to have UC4 for PS4 launch (if they are launching late next year or so) than to put it on ps3 imho...unless that crazy talk of a ps3.5 is true (over at Gaf)

But U4 could be the swan song for the series, the introduction of their next great franchise for the PS4 makes sense, just as they did with Uncharted and the PS3. I think most studios are going to be bringing new stuff to the table for next gen.

Around the Network
Chark said:
So exactly how is inFamous 3 suppose to happen story wise?

Could go multiple ways really, without any spoilers both the good and the bad endings left the story open to be continued. Or they can do a prologue or even a new hero. many possibilities.

Personally? I hope they go from the evil ending

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Pjams said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Persistantthug said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Why not?

It just makes way more sense to have UC4 for PS4 launch (if they are launching late next year or so) than to put it on ps3 imho...unless that crazy talk of a ps3.5 is true (over at Gaf)

But U4 could be the swan song for the series, the introduction of their next great franchise for the PS4 makes sense, just as they did with Uncharted and the PS3. I think most studios are going to be bringing new stuff to the table for next gen.

I would be surprised if sony stop pushing for more uncharted next gen...it's a critical darling that sells really well. It's definitely one of their flagship titles. From a business pov I think smartest thing would be to have a 2 year or so gap and bring out a new UC game...if they come out next E3..and show UC4 and Stigs Santa Monica game as titles for the PS4....people will go nuts. I personally hope for a next gen title too because with new hardware they can really push the series even furthure. 

Infamous 3 makes sense...it could be sucker punch's swan song for this gen...TLOU should be ND's since it's also coming next year...God of War Ascention will be the swan song for Santa monica (like GOW 2 was for PS2)

Now the main unknown for me is Media Molecule...they are working on a new IP (rumors were there for multiple titles as well)...so wonder if they would go for ps3, ps4 or vita or a combo...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Looks a bit dodgy.

Yay!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Chark said:
So exactly how is inFamous 3 suppose to happen story wise?

Could go multiple ways really, without any spoilers both the good and the bad endings left the story open to be continued. Or they can do a prologue or even a new hero. many possibilities.

Personally? I hope they go from the evil ending

I suppose there is quite the potential for the evil ending. Would probably make a good story. They could even keep the whole good/evil dichotomy, starting Cole off as neutral wanting to forget his past and look towards the future blah blah blah, kind of thing. I'd like to see that but take it away from the open world city style gameplay. What if it was a little bit more grounded or team combat heavy. I don't know, something more Mass Effect like. Totally RPG it up, multiple characters, different skills. Essentially, what if Bioware made that inFamous? Do you think Sucker Punch would take a stab at that style?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Pjams said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Persistantthug said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Why not?

I would be surprised if sony stop pushing for more uncharted next gen...it's a critical darling that sells really well. It's definitely one of their flagship titles. From a business pov I think smartest thing would be to have a 2 year or so gap and bring out a new UC game...if they come out next E3..and show UC4 and Stigs Santa Monica game as titles for the PS4....people will go nuts. I personally hope for a next gen title too because with new hardware they can really push the series even furthure. 

Infamous 3 makes sense...it could be sucker punch's swan song for this gen...TLOU should be ND's since it's also coming next year...God of War Ascention will be the swan song for Santa monica (like GOW 2 was for PS2)

Now the main unknown for me is Media Molecule...they are working on a new IP (rumors were there for multiple titles as well)...so wonder if they would go for ps3, ps4 or vita or a combo...

I understand the business point, but from a creative perspective, I wouldn't be surprised if the studio needs to move on from the series. I've always thought the Uncharted games were great, but it's not like I can't go play them anytime I want. So yea, I guess I would like to see them create a new franchise, a new hero with a new story to explore.

infamous 3 and kill zone 4 both on ps3 is believable. uncharted 4 to be released on ps3 in its late stages.
uncharted 4 would look amazing on the new PS4 that would take Uncharted series to the next level. UC4 would be a much needed console selling game for the PS4.

He also predicted:

- Bioshock 2 as a PS3 exclusive
- AGENT looked awesome and we will see more at E3 (back in 2010)
- CoD Modern Warfare 2 exclusive bundle with the PS3 (back in 2009)
- The Getaway would be at E3 2010
- Sony want Bungie to make their new game exclusive
- 343 industries working on Halo: Reach 2
- $199 PS3 in 2010 (!!!)
- Sony working with Epic Games for a Gears of War on the Vita (NGP back then)
- 240 Hz gaming is the real deal (Even when his own viewers told him 240Hz won't change a thing when you are playing a 30FPS game)
- Sony working on a new IP with Sweet Tooth after Twisted Metal
- Microsoft bought publishing rights for "True crime: Streets of LA" and is working on it.
- FF VII Remake for the Vita
- I have to quote this: "PS Vita has stronger dev. suppot than the 3DS. Game Over!" That was one of his headlines!
- PS Vita Unchated has cinematics above Uncharted 2
- Gamestop confirms: Battlefield 3 is outselling Modern Warfare 3!
- MS aims for 10 Gigs of RAM for their next console
- Again I have to quote: "OFFICIAL! Gears 3 has been challenged, Starhawk has raised the bar. Only on PS3" (THIS IS A HEADLINE!)
- Another headline: "OFFICIAL! 240 hz Sony TV Beats Out the IMAX theatre, 960 hz coming soon"
- Disney working on a new Aladin game
- "Design your own games at next CoD games - Sledgehammer likes the idea!"
- VGAs PS3 exclusive could be Heavenly Sword 2
- "Sony HX929 This Sony TV got IMAX Theater beat" HEADLINE!
- PS Vita hack can run 360 games
- "Starhawk of Starcraft? Sony exclusives 1UP PC's again" HEADLINE!
- PS Move to replace the PC mouse.

I am not making this up. Those is what he said during his shows, news etc. Even N4G banned him.

I am not saying this won't happen, but he is not a credible source.
When you make 5 predictions every week, you have to be right every now and then.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I think both will come out as well. But then PS4 will launch afterwards, and will be the practice development ports to PS4. In short I think both will come out for both PS3 and PS4.

I could possibly see Infamous 3 being for PS3, but I definitely think UC4 would be better suited for PS4.