By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: "We're Going 100% Digital"

Khuutra said:
I think these folks are saying that digital will be an option for 100% of their games, soon.

Like you'd be able to download Madden 15 the same day as it's bought from a store, for instance.

this is already possible with Origin. if you register a game you can download it everywhere.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Good. That means more space for quality titles on our local retailer's shelves.

JK, I occasionally support some of their franchises and the physical copies will be dearly missed.

My thoughts exactly, except........

Other then the remake of Need for Speed Most Wanted, and Battlefield 3, I can't think of a single title I will miss. I think I can live fine without EA.

However if Sony, Nintendo, Capcom, or Square Enix go digital....then I might have an issue.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

AndrewWK said:
Khuutra said:
I think these folks are saying that digital will be an option for 100% of their games, soon.

Like you'd be able to download Madden 15 the same day as it's bought from a store, for instance.

this is already possible with Origin. if you register a game you can download it everywhere.

I mean you'd be able to download it directly off of Xbox Live, for instance. Or like Nintendo 3DS games are doing.

Nintendo is already doing this, people

It is already being done

Michael-5 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Good. That means more space for quality titles on our local retailer's shelves.

JK, I occasionally support some of their franchises and the physical copies will be dearly missed.

My thoughts exactly, except........

Other then the remake of Need for Speed Most Wanted, and Battlefield 3, I can't think of a single title I will miss. I think I can live fine without EA.

However if Sony, Nintendo, Capcom, or Square Enix go digital....then I might have an issue.

I would add Dead Space to that list. I haven't played a lot of Mass Effect other than the demos, but I'm confident that they are quality titles too.

@Pie =3

Awesome!

An EA collapse would be good for gaming.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Well I guess I will not be playing EA games anymore.

People think about what you are posting

Think about what the EA person is more likely to have meant. They've already done this with a lot of big games! I am pretty sure ME3 is digitally available for instance

wfz said:
haxxiy said:
They probably want a full control of the market and make it easier for all games to have shitty online restrictions like D3. Thankfully I don't see myself playing beyond this gen, I'm tired of the whole gaming business and I think my gaming library covers every possible gaming experience.

But man, I'm sorry for the kids. No more pirating, or secretly buying or renting the games they couldn't own or their parents didn't let them.

/rant

Activision Blizzard is the company who made D3. Just...wanted to make sure we're clear on that. I understand the point you were making.

I'm a complete fan of digital content as long as it's restriction free and I can always play and transfer my games to new systems when I upgrade. I own 100% of my music digitally and it doesn't bother me one bit. I will always be able to listen to that music (as long as something terrible doesn't happen) and I don't have to worry about the loads of physical media or changing discs. I just play what I want, when I want.

So I'm perfectly fine if gaming goes down the same route. I'm not fine, however, if I have to be restrained in virtual handcuffs to play my games. Then I'll just play Nintendo games as I know Nintendo would never do that.

I appreciate you saying "Activision Blizzard" and not "Blizzard". Just saying.

"At the same time, the ultimate relationship is the connection that we have with the gamer." sooo, is that why you're fucking us over and removing options? Fuckers.

SW-5120-1900-6153

After reading the article, I'm fairly certain that the press misunderstood. EA is saying they're making all games available as digital downloads; not that they're making them ONLY digital download.

SW-5120-1900-6153

i dont like EA
i dont like DD

im happy