By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cloud nine: Sony buys Gaikai for $380 million - too slow

dave perry was who made alladin on the megadrive in 4 months

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
mitlar37 said:

It wasn't just Sony, it was a consortium led by Sony, which means they didn't have to put up all the cash.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-201206291111reedbusivarietynvr1118056117-20120629,0,5620600.story

But they still spent quite some money on it which was not needed for them.

NintendoPie said:
mitlar37 said:

It wasn't just Sony, it was a consortium led by Sony, which means they didn't have to put up all the cash.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-201206291111reedbusivarietynvr1118056117-20120629,0,5620600.story

It's the biggest publishing deal in the music industry, ever. It also makes them the biggest music publisher in the world now. It's a big win for them

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Ladies and gentlemen. Remember sometimes it's good to take risks and sometimes it not. We're all aware of Sony's troubles. Who knows, the PS3's XMB, web browser, PSN services, and apps might have been a test for the PS4?

Cloud service is still in it's infant stages and now with the acquisition of Gaikai, it hasn't taken off yet. It may work or it may not. We don't know. I'm curious how it will work across all Sony's products.

Keep in mind Rome wasn't built in a day and this service is no different. Sony may stumble with it, but it will take time to perfect.

As a Sony PS3 owner, not all these services apply to me, seeing as how I'm, an old old school gamer, so I'm used to not having all this tech. I only use what I need.

NintendoPie said:
Farsala said:
Not sure if Sony should be spending so much money.

Just what I was about to say. 

Will there be a good enough return on it?

You need to spend money in order to make money.

Around the Network

i just wonder, does this mean people need no ps4 to play sony games in the future anymore? (if they have the speed and can live with the lag)

TheKoreanGuy said:
NintendoPie said:
Farsala said:
Not sure if Sony should be spending so much money.

Just what I was about to say. 

Will there be a good enough return on it?

You need to spend money in order to make money.

That doesn't always work as evident with the PS3. Until now of course, but it still took them forever to make a return on it!

M.U.G.E.N said:

It's the biggest publishing deal in the music industry, ever. It also makes them the biggest music publisher in the world now. It's a big win for them

Well then that's good for them. If they do make a positive return then there's nothing wrong with it.

NintendoPie said:
mitlar37 said:

How is a vertically intergrated merger not needed for them?  Their music division is already profitable, their expanding their business to deal with music on the artist side and music publishing which can be very lucurtive.  Do people even research stuff anymore?

Train wreck said:

How is a vertically intergrated merger not needed for them?  Their music division is already profitable, their expanding their business to deal with music on the artist side and music publishing which can be very lucurtive.  Do people even research stuff anymore?

See the above comment. 

I guess you should've read some of my comments before you posted this? After it was explained to me by MUGEN then it made good sense.