By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Now that Vgchartz is getting along in age is 20,000 the new 10,000?

Good job Spurge. I'm almost there too!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Is the quality that matters, not the quantity.

If only a certain bunch understood this then the website might have some decent threads again.

This seems to be a problem almost anywhere that lets any/most users create threads and have a relatively large user count.  

In exchange for quality, you may need to give up some freedoms.  Works the same way in real life, sadly. 

I remember back in 2009 looking at the 10K+ posts users, me with my measly >1K posts count and wondering if I'd ever get there.

Now, I just don't care for post count anymore. Not only I don't have the same time as I used to have, I also have less disposition to post as well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

At my current rate, it will only take me 38 years to hit 20K.

NintendoPie said:
Carl2291 said:
20000 posts? Sad! You all need to get lives!

*Reads Comment* Hahaha.

*Looks at Carl's Post Count*

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
I think I've been posting a lot, regardless of me being here for a relatively short time. I don't think my posts have been really giving me a good impression of myself as I have been letting myself get carried away with posts that may seem like I'm a Nintendo fanboy when there are a good several times I automatically kick into "Devil's Advocate" mode. I think I may become a regular here.

You'll definitely get better with time, don't even worry about it. By that time people will probs forget the dumb stuff of the early posts

yes and no

10,000 is too much.

I plan on leaving the site at 9,999 posts. So everybody get your good-byes in soon.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
10,000 is too much.

I plan on leaving the site at 9,999 posts. So everybody get your good-byes in soon.

This better be a joke post.

MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
10,000 is too much.

This better be a joke post.

Fine, I'll stick around but I'm sure that Spurge, NinPie, and Rol could easily pick up the slack if I left.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger