By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad games this gen with great graphics

CGI-Quality said:
Uncharted 3 lame dialogue & characters? "Awful controls in every respect"? Oh, now I've seen it all!

I do think the controls for U3 are terrible. The triangle is button is used for a lot of things which makes it very annoying: counter melee, pick up weapons and pick up ammo. When I was fighting that big dude, the triangle button would appear, and I would press it. However, instead of countering his attack, Drake would pick up a weapon. I almost died a couple of times because of this. Also, the shooting mechanics weren't great, imo, before the patch, and the game was too scripted and boring. Just look at that desert scene: just walk forward for ten minutes to prompt cutscenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EygVtxH5Sw

And for anyone that doubts I played those PS3 exclusives, here's proof: http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/djchuy

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:
Crysis 2
Killzone 3
Every CoD
GoW 3
GoW 1,2,3
Obvlivion
Skyrim

Personally,

I think you have bad taste in games.

Secondly,

Who told you Oblivion and Skyrim had great graphics?

They were mediocre'ish graphically, at best.

spenderzz said:
God of War 3

This.  God of War 3 is garbage.  So is the rest of the series.  Starting with your standard combo to four times square and then triangle, is the exact same attack with a longer ending slash to the chains.  You have your triangle times three attack, and then a few other slightly varied attacks.  If you want a better stylish action game, then play any other game in the genre.  Despite the terrible graphics and practically no advancement to your skillset from beginning to end, even X Men Origins Wolverine is a much better game. 

Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3, Final Fantasy 13, and Fallout 3 as well.  The games aren't just bad games with great graphics, they're bad, highly overrated games, with great graphics.

Gears of War games
Killzone games
Halo games
Simulation sports games
Resident Evil 5
Battlefield 3
RAGE

Heavy Rain

Crysis games

Persistantthug
fine

Around the Network

Fable III has to be the prime example its the best looking Fable game but they dumb downed the entire game over the previous games which makes it easily the worst in the series. Also it might have good graphics but the constant load screens are very annoying.

spurgeonryan said:
The Conduit.

That is all I can think of.

Yeah, the Conduit had great graphics. -_-

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Lord God, give me the strength to destroy these men

Gilmour said:

crysis, very average

The 3rd act of Crysis was attrociously bad in every conceivable way.

The Nanosuit and gameplay mechanics of Crysis are pretty awesome... but there isn't a viable enemy nor a story/setting/scenario that is worth playing through. This makes single player weak, but the multiplayer especially for Crysis 2 is pretty awesome.