By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Computer Entertainment 2011 Fiscal Report 94.3 billion Yen deficit

http://kanpou.npb.go.jp/20120626/20120626g00138/pdf/20120626g001380148.pdf

Originally found in Japan government "National Printing Bureau" website, the SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) is reported for having over 94.3 billion Yen deficit in 2011 fiscal year(*).

(*.平成23年4月1日~平成24年3月31日 :2011/04 ~2012/03)

from GAF.... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480181

94.3 billion Yen  ~$1.2b USD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Sony as a whole lost 5.5 Billion, if I remember correctly.

Still... Thats bad. PS4 R&D? And Vita R&D too?

Its no different that what they reported. Sony predicated they will lose $6.4 Billion in april, they actually lost $5.5 when they reported in May, if you take out the non-cash charge, they lost $1.2 Billion.

Is this good for us Nintendo fans?

Train wreck said:
Its no different that what they reported. Sony predicated they will lose $6.4 Billion in april, they actually lost $5.5 when they reported in May, if you take out the non-cash charge, they lost $1.2 Billion.

but this is about SCE.. not the entire Sony Corp.. SCE isn't profitable.. i think

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Train wreck said:

but this is about SCE.. not the entire Sony Corp.. SCE isn't profitable.. i think

Your right the Consumer division lost 229 billion yen last year as a whole, was looking at the wrong numbers

That's a lot of Yen...

"The biggest thing to come out of this report isn't that they have a huge deficit for the year, but a huge negative net worth -- to the tune of -72.2B yen (純資産)."

auch

I think this just proves how ridiculous those people who always state ''Oh but SCE is the profitable bit there is no worries for playstation'' are.

I will have to try and find the chart of SCE profits and losses when they still reported them separately. It seems since the PS3 began there has possibly been losses every year except one.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Significant_leap said:
Is this good for us Nintendo fans?

No? Nintendo lost money too.

Even if Sony failed it wouldn't help us Ninty Fans.