By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Computer Entertainment 2011 Fiscal Report 94.3 billion Yen deficit

Can't say I'm surprised. Between Vita and PS4 R&D I'm surprised they didn't lose more.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

How strange, I thought PSP/PS3/PSV were all profitable.

Sony should just quit all their electronic products altogether except for PS3 /(PS4) :D

Adobo said:
Sony should just quit all their electronic products altogether except for PS3 /(PS4) :D

If you want Sony to fail even more then that would be a good idea.

They can't just drop out.

Carl2291 said:
Sony as a whole lost 5.5 Billion, if I remember correctly.

Still... Thats bad. PS4 R&D? And Vita R&D too?

I also think they are losing money on some software studios.. a few of them have produced games with medicore sales

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Ouch.......... With loses like that it's lucky the ps4 has been announced. If it hadn't of been rumors would have been around of them dropping out next gen. Does this mean all the money they earned during the ps2 era has all gone?

Never trust Nikkom guys. He's just trying to convert Sony fans to the IPAD by making them believe Sony is doomed.

Too bad I can't read Japanese. I bet those Japanese words say differently than what he says.

ironmanDX said:
Ouch.......... With loses like that it's lucky the ps4 has been announced. If it hadn't of been rumors would have been around of them dropping out next gen. Does this mean all the money they earned during the ps2 era has all gone?

Err, I believe the PS3 already managed to lose all PS2's profits quite some years back if I recall correctly.

kowenicki said:
Millenium said:
ironmanDX said:

Err, I believe the PS3 already managed to lose all PS2's profits quite some years back if I recall correctly.

correct

SCE has not made a dime of profits... ALL pre PS3 profits were more than wiped out since.  Also the profits for PS1 and PS2 years werent actually that impressive in the first place which is why they were quickly erased... if they couldnt make money then its no wonder they cant make money now.

I wouldn't say they were unable to make more money. Id say they thought market share was more important. As evident by their aggressive piece cuts on the ps2 even though the other two consoles were no threat & it was already selling extremely well. They seemed to just want to get as many PS2s in homes as possible even if that meant lower profit. I vaguely remember a chart that said Nintendo made more money from the Gamecube than Sony made from the PS2.

So SCE makes a loss once in like the last two years and it's SCE Doom , PS3 Doom, PS4 Doom and etc Doom.

However when MS makes a loss it's R&D for Durango.

I guess this is why sales talk is getting boring these days.