By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default Flying Fairy OT - TGS Trailer direct feed is (finally) up! All set for release!

MDMAlliance said:
http://pxz.channel.or.jp/ At the bottom, there's a copyright for Capcom U.S.A. Maybe, just maybe, it will be localized.

I'm pretty sure they need to put that there so all grounds of CopyRight are covered.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
MDMAlliance said:
http://pxz.channel.or.jp/ At the bottom, there's a copyright for Capcom U.S.A. Maybe, just maybe, it will be localized.

I'm pretty sure they need to put that there so all grounds of CopyRight are covered.

Who knows?  lol

outlawauron said:

Namco x capcom is pretty much the exact same thing as Project X Zone but with less characters. It was for the DS and praised all around. It never made it to the US despite fans clamoring for back in the early generation (2006).

It was for PS2, actually. And it came out quite in the end of its lifetime. It was developed by monolith also, but on a time when it was not a first party studio.

So, not saying it'll come west, but it has much better chances of coming than NxC ever did. In fact, I think it'll come for sure.

Senran Kagura Burst, forget it... zero chances.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
From what I've heard, Senran Kagura is actually a pretty good game. The only reason it's getting hate is because it's a 3DS exclusive and it has breasts and minimium amount of butt fights... no I'm not joking... flying around everywhere. It's a very perverted game. First game actually sold pretty well for what it is, around 15k I think.

Actually, it sold even better than that- 70 k or so

But this one releasing in august is not a new game, it's just an updated version of the first one.

Sorry, I thought I wrote 150k! I'm going by VGC's numbers.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
VicViper said:
outlawauron said:

Namco x capcom is pretty much the exact same thing as Project X Zone but with less characters. It was for the DS and praised all around. It never made it to the US despite fans clamoring for back in the early generation (2006).

It was for PS2, actually. And it came out quite in the end of its lifetime. It was developed by monolith also, but on a time when it was not a first party studio.

So, not saying it'll come west, but it has much better chances of coming than NxC ever did. In fact, I think it'll come for sure.

Senran Kagura Burst, forget it... zero chances.

You're on the platform. I'm not sure why I thought DS, but you are 100% correct. Developer has nothing to do with it though. It's a licensing nightmare which is why we don't get the Super Robot Taisen games over (just a few OGs).

I think it's highly unlikely at best. I don't think you can it anything at this point a sure thing. Ciel no Surge for the Vita has a higher chance of coming over and that's part visual novel.

On that note, I think we have a higher chance of getting Burst. Look at God Eater (PSP action game similar to Monster Hunter). We didn't get the original version, but we they released an updated version, we ended up getting Gods Eater Burst here in the US.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Sorry, I thought I wrote 150k! I'm going by VGC's numbers.

I don't really follow how VGchartz gets this numbers, tbh... the thing left famitsu top 30 less than a year ago with 70k... and here they say the game sold more after that than it did before leaving... even with a FW of 52k and no apparent legs... no, just no. But this "burst" version is pure profit, so I guess 25k is good enough for it! Maybe it'll do even better.

Anyway,

Not entirely new, but newish

outlawauron said:

You're on the platform. I'm not sure why I thought DS, but you are 100% correct. Developer has nothing to do with it though. It's a licensing nightmare which is why we don't get the Super Robot Taisen games over (just a few OGs).

I think it's highly unlikely at best. I don't think you can it anything at this point a sure thing. Ciel no Surge for the Vita has a higher chance of coming over and that's part visual novel.

On that note, I think we have a higher chance of getting Burst. Look at God Eater (PSP action game similar to Monster Hunter). We didn't get the original version, but we they released an updated version, we ended up getting Gods Eater Burst here in the US.

Yeah, but differently than Robot Wars, all these games are videogame characters with highly experienced publishing offices around the world. In the end, it's not a publishing nightmare... it's just 3 companies. This is not, for example, Jump Super Stars... where every character has a different licenser. All of them belongs to either Capcom, Sega or Namco.

Second, a lot of those characters are pretty popular internationally. You don't see many Gundam fans in the west... let alone all those other obscure franchises (to us) that crowd SRW games. But Resident Evil, Megaman, Tekken, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Virtua Fighter (etc...) fans exist by the thousands. So, more hard work towards the localization is likely.

Third, there were other "Licensing Nightmares" that came over, like Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Cross Edge and even SRW, so it's not out of the realms of possibilities. Just like I said, it's not guaranteed by any means, but... I don't know, I'm having a good feeling!

I think Senran Kagura has zero chances of coming over because it's a (im)mature 3DS game. You don't see games like this in the west even for the PS3/360... on 3DS it would be too shocking.

And Ciel no Surge, zero chances also, because translatting/dubbing/publishing/marketing would be pretty expensive for a genre that's mostly inexistant here. Especially with that love theme.

I'm a little woried about the job system, I bet it will end like FFIII or DQIX where I wasn't satisfied with any class

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Another, improved, home-made video of the demo. It's cool because each demo has a character as the "icon". That means a fourth demo is bound to happen.