By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The AMAZING Spider-Man Thread -- Soo who's seeing it? **Main Theme Added**

umegames said:
I liked it more than the old 1 and 3, spiderman 2 with doc ock was really good to me.

As i spiderman comic reader of course i had issues because of this blend of amazing and ultimate spiderman, but i thought movie was good, good actors for their roles, and a good STARTING point for the series. I expect amazing spiderman 2 to blow me away, whether venom is in it or not.

Of course, seems its being set up for gwen to die, thus enter in Mary Jane.

Wait... is the whole point of Amazing Spiderman to be able to sprout a whole new series? 

Around the Network
pezus said:

Obviously. It's a reboot and they'd never make just one Spidey movie lulz. Too many villains for that.

But wasn't Doc Oct and Venom already in Spiderman movies? I don't know why they would need to make more... that just seems redundant!

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Obviously. It's a reboot and they'd never make just one Spidey movie lulz. Too many villains for that.

But wasn't Doc Oct and Venom already in Spiderman movies? I don't know why they would need to make more... that just seems redundant!

Venom needs to be redone. Spidey 3 was pretty mediocre. Venom and Carnage, Scorpion, Shocker...oh so many.

I don't think Spiderman can really rake in enough attention to have another 3 or so movies. It would get kind of stale in my opinion.

I like James Horner he is one of my favorite composers but the main theme is nowhere near as good as the main theme from Spider-Man (2002).

pezus said:

Not if they pull it off right. Doc Oc, Goblin, Venom and Sandman were really the only villains in the first film. They could have Mysterio, Scorpion, Carnage, Rhino, Electro, Shocker, Hobgoblin. You should watch the 90's animated series! Or the more recent Spectacular Spider-Man TV show

Was 90's Spiderman where all of those memes came from? :3

Around the Network

Just saw it a couple hours ago, I liked it a lot, but it didn't explain as much about Peter's father as I thought it would. But otherwise really good.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Not if they pull it off right. Doc Oc, Goblin, Venom and Sandman were really the only villains in the first film. They could have Mysterio, Scorpion, Carnage, Rhino, Electro, Shocker, Hobgoblin. You should watch the 90's animated series! Or the more recent Spectacular Spider-Man TV show

Was 90's Spiderman where all of those memes came from? :3

yeah

I much prefer the Tobey Spider-Man. He makes a lot more sense.

Why would a guy like the Garfield Spider-Man who has cool hair, good looks and a bad ass attitude (+ he does skateboard!) have no friends and get bullied?

It was a great film. It came across as more of a romance film, but the Gwen+Parker relationship made the movie for me. Also, I loved the portrayal of Peter Parker in this film - like all the things he goes through, etc. The action scenes were nicely done even if there was little of it.

My biggest problem with the movie, however, is that it left a lot of things unanswered/unresolved: Uncle Ben's killer, Peter Parker's parents, Norman Osborne, etc

I'm gonna see it today. Anybody know if the 3D is good or should I stick with the 2D version?