By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The AMAZING Spider-Man Thread -- Soo who's seeing it? **Main Theme Added**

Only thing I really liked about the movie was Emma Stone of course. I also agree with the guy above and all his points. The one that I didn't like the most was that almost everyone important knew who he was and yea he was basically a bully which to me doesn't make sense.I'll stick with the other series instead.

What's up?

Around the Network

well let me tell you something
i have watched the movie and its good
the story seems a bit fast paced but everything else is alright

WORTH WATCHING !!!

It was good, a fair few things missing but good. Fanboys like myself will always pick at it though.

Hmm, pie.

pezus said:
WiiBox3 said:
Boutros said:
NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:
I much prefer the Tobey Spider-Man. He makes a lot more sense.

Why would a guy like the Garfield Spider-Man who has cool hair, good looks and a bad ass attitude (+ he does skateboard!) have no friends and get bullied?

Toby was not my favorite actor. He seemed too boring and his crying scenes were pretty sad... in a bad way. 

I liked his awkwardness. That's what made the Spider-Man movies different from all the other superhero movies.

Yeah. And since the Spiderman I was raised on was that old live action TV show. I always thought of Spidey as this goofy kid, that is a little sad and lonely and just wants to fit in. That's why I thought Tobey was great as Spiderman, but I don't see him in much else.

Watch out for The Great Gatsby then :)

I know the book is considered a classic. But I hated that book. All of the characters are total scum. I was hated that book with a vengence. Also I wasn't a big fan of the Robert Reford film, but my gf loves that movie.

This was the best Spider-Man so far. And the finally decided to change the main actors Tobey Maguire was the worst decision Sony made regarding Spider-Man

Around the Network

Starting to enjoy the game based on the movie. It started out pretty bad but it's getting better.

d21lewis said:
Starting to enjoy the game based on the movie. It started out pretty bad but it's getting better.

Wait until you go into the sewers for the 45th time.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
d21lewis said:

Wait until you go into the sewers for the 45th time.

I'm not going to spoil the game for myself.  I'm just going to assume that the part under the black bar says "black.  You'll never go back."

I can't say that I enjoyed this movie. To me a reboot of a movie that I saw 10 yrs ago I would expect it to better in every way (at least the studios should try to make it that way). Lets get the obvious out of the way if you saw it in 3d it was pretty much a waste because you could have watched most of the movie without the 3d glasses actually.

The soundtrack was horrible but I knew what I was in for by the time peter parker was picking on Flash and you heard that very annoying and cheesy music like you were watching some eddie murphy children's comedy (thats just bad).

The special effects were good as good as a movie made 10 years ago. As a matter of fact I will be the one to say it I found most of them were off, in this day and age if they can make giant robots fight on screen and not look fake,  then there is no reason why some parts in this movie you go damn that looks fake (the falling off the building scene for eg). The good parts were the first person point of view web swinging but most of it you already saw from the trailers.
The actors were good though whether you prefer the previous cast or this one is just a matter of preference. The origin part went on way too long (glad to see webshooters back though). I felt like they also got some parts wrong with regards to the spidey universe but I could be dead wrong here.
Why was he breaking everthing when he got his powers I mean I know he is strong ,can't remember exact strength in super hero terms , i remembered he can lift a small car over his head I think  (but that would require all of his strenght), but it never was as if spiderman was ridiculously strong like hulk or superman where he had to consciously hold back his strength or else destroy everything ,was just a little weird nothing major. And I always thought the lizard to be a villan that wasn't too smart, when he is the doc he is a genius and when he transforms to the lizard he just becomes an uncontrollable beast, which is why spiderman could defeat him because he would always out smart him, if the lizard kept his smart then there would be no chance in hell spiderman could defeat him because he would be stronger faster and smarter than spiderman, I always thought that was the play on the two characters in the comic but then as I said I could be wrong.

Then there is the horrific crane scene (Less said the better).

And at the end we never get told the untold story, you never really get to care for peter's parents and why they are not around or why they died or  were eaten by bears or whatever (which I thought was the point of this reboot from the marketing). I guess if you enjoyed the Twilight movies you will like this you can take that anyway you like.

*fixed*

And did no one else here see that crane scene I mean come on.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Watched it a couple of days ago and it was first class. Best Spider-Man film yet.